Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEP Manager installation failure

Posted Sep 18, 2012 09:46 AM

Hi Everyone.

I can't install SEP Manager 12.1 in our windows 2003 server (Service Pack 2). I got an error during the installation.

windows script host

FIPSMode.vbs

critical error

Then the configuration consule will start and it will hang forever.

Hint:

1. SEP manager was installed earlier in our server then it was removed for some reason.

2. Liveupdate is curently installed and I couldn't remove it because some of the clients are connectd to it so the system requested to uninstall the clients first.

3. We are smal company around 25 licenses.

appreciate any help we could get. and Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: SEP Manager installation failure

Posted Sep 18, 2012 10:02 AM

Important notes to consider before configuring SEP for FIPS 140-2 compliance mode

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH145497

• 3.  RE: SEP Manager installation failure

Posted Sep 20, 2012 04:57 AM

Hi Ashish

thanks for the link.

Below is the error message i am getting. and I think its because Manager was installed then partially removed from our server.

do you know how i fix that.

should i double click on enablefips or what?

• 4.  RE: SEP Manager installation failure

Posted Sep 20, 2012 04:59 AM

Hi Ashish

thanks for the link.

Below is the error message i am getting. and I think its because Manager was installed then partially removed from our server.

do you know how i fix that.

should i double click on enablefips or what?

• 5.  RE: SEP Manager installation failure

Posted Sep 20, 2012 05:08 AM

HI Anonymous7,

I think your installation media are corrupt try on install another system that type error occured or not ?

• 6.  RE: SEP Manager installation failure

Posted Sep 25, 2012 12:21 PM

2. Liveupdate is curently installed and I couldn't remove it because some of the clients are connectd to it so the system requested to uninstall the clients first.

What it probably says is that there are programs registered with (Windows) LiveUpdate. This is a normal message because the SEPM would be registered with LiveUpdate even after you unintall the SEPM. The clients would not be accessing LiveUpdate on the SEPM, nor do they use LiveUpdate for version 12.1--they use LiveUpdate Engine (LUE).

If you have no other Symantec products on your server, you can safely disregard this message and uninstall LiveUpdate. You also should have no problem leaving it where it is.

The error message you show above could be the result of a corrupted WMI. Try the instructions on this page to reregister the WMI components: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/winservergen/thread/96ef98d1-0de1-4fa9-b322-bf150c82cd46

sandra