Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 08:26 AM

I have a load of duplicate packages displayed on my site server.

I have no idea why ? anyone !! even happens with the MS hotfixes /

• 2.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 10:06 AM

It looks like the package guids are all different. The patch packages must have been trucated in the screenshot, I don't see any dupes there. I have seen duplicates on this when it came to alternate languages.

• 3.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 10:12 AM

The top 3 have the same package name. They have differnt package ID but they all point to the sme directory. That doesn't make sense to me.

• 4.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 10:44 AM

The rest have different names though. I concur that something odd is going on, but just don't know what. Can you query the database directly with the guid of the packages.. see what the details are?

• 5.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 10:47 AM

Not a db guy. Any chance of helping me with the query ?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 11:08 AM

select * from item where guid = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

You can insert a list by changing the where to.. where guid IN ''xxxxxxxxxxxxxx','xxxxxxxxxxx','xxxxxxxxx''. The trick is, each guid has to be separated by a comma, and enclosed in quotes. I usually do this with Excel tricks (export the list to csv, and then use concatenante to add the quotes).

• 7.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 02:33 PM

I believe only CopyFile packages are duplicate.  Regarding patch, often a single patch bulletin will have multiple packages associated with it, and each package has different applicability.  So the theory here is that you're just dealing with the file copy duplicates.

• 8.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 28, 2011 02:44 PM

since you (Joe)were having problems awhile back with the file copy task, I wonder if it's creating a new package id each time the task runs (which would be VERY strange).

• 9.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Jul 29, 2011 06:18 PM

My opinion is every time you edit a CopyFile task, a new package is created. Some kind of useless history...

• 10.  RE: duplicate packages on site servers

Posted Aug 02, 2011 10:20 AM

Not the only thing useless in this package!