Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 21, 2011 03:26 AM

I added a report parameter type Basic GUID and a value provider "Filter Chooser Parameter Control" . I named it filter. I included the same in Query parameters but I am not able to see filtered results on appling specific filters. I still see all the results of the report...

Can anyone please help to identify the step that I may be missing.....

• 2.  RE: Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 21, 2011 08:56 AM

If you named the drop-down "filter", then make sure you use that exact variable name in your SQL.  For example...

WHERE Guid = '%filter%'

• 3.  RE: Including a filter in a report

• 4.  RE: Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 23, 2011 01:30 AM

But I was no able to add any thing in Filter Expression. Tis is because I made filters myself based Subnet. Now what condition should I give to check the membership of a computer in a filter?

I tried giving {Aex Ac TCPIP]{Subnet] equals Filter but it does not work. what should i give in filter expression?

• 5.  RE: Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 23, 2011 01:32 AM

I followed the steps in the video but I was no able to add any thing in Filter Expression. Tis is because I made filters myself based Subnet. Now what condition should I give to check the membership of a computer in a filter?

I tried giving {Aex Ac TCPIP]{Subnet] equals Filter but it does not work. what should i give in filter expression

• 6.  RE: Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 23, 2011 08:17 AM

First step would be renaming filter to something less generic, like FilterGuidParameter. 'Filter' is already a variable used in very many reports.  Andrew recommended this two days ago.  Have you done this yet?

It seems to me that you do not need to worry about the filter expression until your report shows some data.  That's because a filter expression would limit/restrict/reduce this even more, making it difficult to troubleshoot why you aren't getting results.

• 7.  RE: Including a filter in a report
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2011 08:35 AM

Or follow this process here in this KB:
    http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO35873

If you create a new computer report and follow these instructions, you create a report based on a filter.  If you create a new computer report that presents certain data, and then create the report based on the filter, you restrict the results based on the filter membership.

I would suggest:

1. Create a New > Computer Report without adding any fields or filter expressions or parameters
    2. Follow this KB to the letter (except using a GUID from one of your own filters, not the GUID in the KB)
    3. Apply what you learn to the report you were trying to build in the first place, adding your fields and filter expressions until the results are what you wanted to see

It's easiest, in my opinion, to follow this KB once, using the GUID from something like 'All Computers,' calling it something like 'Computer Report with Filter Picker,' and then cloning it whenever you need a report with a filter picker.

• 8.  RE: Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 23, 2011 08:36 AM

It probably works, but just returns no results.  That's because you're saying that when the Subnet equals a GUID, then display results.  The value for subnet will never match the GUID of a filter, so you get no results.  Read my posts below for recommendations on how to proceed.

• 9.  RE: Including a filter in a report

Posted Mar 24, 2011 01:04 AM

Thanks a lot..It worked...:)