Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

• 1.  SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 20, 2009 09:48 AM
    imagebrowser image

While trying to send lot of emails from our third party email sending software, the above message appears. It keeps on appearing for many emails. It looks like SEP 11.x is not allowing the message to go thro.

We never faced such message when earlier version of Norton Antivirus was installed on the machine.

The tech support link takes to some recommandation for Norton program. We haev verified that for all such instances the connection to the ISP was intact.

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/servlet/ProductMessages?module=1003&error=9&language=English&product=CC&version=106.3.7.9

Can someone tell me what is happening, whay it's happening and what is the resolution so that messages pass thro successfully.

Tejas

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 20, 2009 10:06 AM
    CCAPP.EXE will need access both in/out bound, ports 25,110, & 143

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 20, 2009 07:44 PM
    Is this happening shortly after a reboot? There was a problem with port settings getting reset after reboot. The knowledge base about that is here:

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/bf1d4d650dd4de418825739300710363?OpenDocument

I am assuming this is probably not the cause since you posted that it happens only when sending large amounts of emails. Just wanted to make sure.

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 20, 2009 08:29 PM
    Try disabling your Internet Email autoprotect.

AS said " While trying to send lot of emails from our third party email sending software" , looks like our Email proxy picks this behaviour and flag it as possible spamming behavior.

• 5.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 21, 2009 12:28 AM
    hi tejas,
    you can disable the internet email auto protect and lotus notes auto protec and you will never get this message again, one more thing you can also check the capp.exe file as it works under system32 to not check the ports used by your mail server..

• 6.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 21, 2009 12:50 AM
    I think Sapta is correct .
    You should disable internet auto protect & try it again the message will not come.

• 7.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 21, 2009 05:37 PM
    Thanx peter and sapta

However you guys have answered only the part three of the question. I would like to know the first two questions as well.

#1. What is happening?
    #2. Why it's happening
    #3. What is the resolution so that messages pass thro successfully. (Probably answered)

Symantec administrators...

probably you shall be able to give the answer to the first two questions. Getting answers to those shall improve our understanding on the architecture. And I guess, that should be the main purpose of this forum, rather than just getting the workaround of the reported issues/concern/problem.

Tejas

• 8.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 22, 2009 02:21 AM
    i think you are right, i also faced this issue a few months back but was unable to find any other solution other than what i have told you, one more thing i would like to add here is that in the firewall exception list one component named Symantec Email is visible and it is excluded from the firewall rule, i would like to know what does this do, and also by searching different sites and forums i found that capp.exe have something to do with this, any light from symantec administrators will be very helpful for us in this matter.

• 9.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Apr 22, 2009 05:47 AM
    It's definitely a problem with CCAPP.EXE that will need access both inbound and outbound, ports 25,110, & 143. Plesae check the firewall settings.

• 10.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted May 04, 2009 11:09 AM
    Can someone elobrate what can we do with CCAPP.EXE. Where can we find them?

• 11.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Aug 17, 2009 06:44 AM
    Just check in your control pannel add/remove programs.

its complaining about nortan ..

my speculation would be there could be  a tool bar or a small antivirus program in your yahoo. which is using nortan to scan emails.

this error has nothing to do with SEP ( i'm pretty sure, not 100% ) 

check your add/remove programs and see what you have..

• 12.  RE: SEP 11.x - Symantec Email Proxy Error message

Posted Aug 17, 2009 07:01 PM

Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEmlPxy.dll.

If the file is present then rename it to ccEmlPxy.bak and restart the computer.