Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Deployment Solution - Reboot to Folder Automation

Posted Jul 02, 2012 11:39 PM

Hi all,

I haven't been able to make my Deployment Solution work.

I'm using Deployment Solution 7.1 SP1 MR1 (7.1.2316).

The "Deployment Plug-in" and "Deployment Automation Folder for Windows" have been successfully in the Client.

However, when I try to run the "Reboot to Folder Automation" task on a Windows XP client, it fails as a result of a Time Out while waiting for the agent to pick it up.

If I check the client agent, there is no new tasks or updates taken.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Deployment Solution - Reboot to Folder Automation

Posted Jul 05, 2012 11:50 AM

Sounds like no tasks are arriving at all.  Do other tasks work?  Deployment "tasks" along with all other takss rely on a solid functioning Task envronment.

• 3.  RE: Deployment Solution - Reboot to Folder Automation

Posted Jul 05, 2012 08:58 PM

Hi Thomas, thanks for your reply.

Yes, other tasks work, I've been able to run "Package Delivery" tasks as well as "Run Script" tasks without any problem.

As you said, the "Reboot to Folder Automation" task is not even arriving to the agent.

Any idea of what else could I check?

• 4.  RE: Deployment Solution - Reboot to Folder Automation

Posted Jul 12, 2012 05:28 AM

The Deployment task Server handler is not responding properly.

You can check few items -

1) Is the issue observed on 1 client or for another clients also the same behaviour is observed?

2) Deployment Task Server handler is installed and listed under NS Symantec Management Agent settings.

3) You can re-install Deployment Task Server Handler on NS Machine.

msiexec /i "altiris_deploymentsolutiontaskserverhandler_7_1_x64.msi" skipaim=1

Msi Located at - C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris

• 5.  RE: Deployment Solution - Reboot to Folder Automation

Posted Jul 24, 2012 10:10 AM
      |   view attached

Please try to re-install "Deployment Automation Folder for Windows" again, through policy or manually. For Manual installation of Automation Folder, Run PEInstall_x64 for -x64 client machine/s or PEInstall_x86 for -x86 client machine/s. Check boot folder on client machine that all files are listed as per attached snapshot.