Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to change the installation path of a managed SEP client?

Posted Oct 19, 2010 11:36 AM

I'm trying to install a managed SEP client to drive D.  If I use the installer and select "Managed", SEP tells me that I have to create an installation package.  When creating a new installation package, there is no option to change the installation path of SEP.  So, it it possible to install a managed SEP client to a drive other than C?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How to change the installation path of a managed SEP client?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 19, 2010 11:45 AM

yes

you need to add a custom install settings

create a new one and then save the package

How to create a Symantec Endpoint Protection install package that will install to a different drive

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102896&locale=en_US

• 3.  RE: How to change the installation path of a managed SEP client?

Posted Oct 19, 2010 02:07 PM

As rafeeq mentioned create a Install Package with new Install settings and it will install it on your preferred  drive

• 4.  RE: How to change the installation path of a managed SEP client?

Posted Oct 19, 2010 02:14 PM

you can have the Program Files\Symantec folder on a different drive, but just be aware that the Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared folder will still remain on C:.  Also the folder under Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec will still be on C:.  These two folders are the largest folders from the Symantec install, just FYI.  You might save 35-40 MB by moving the install to D:, but there will still be up to a few hundred MB from Cached Installs and virus definitions on C:

• 5.  RE: How to change the installation path of a managed SEP client?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2010 02:21 PM

however remeber theere are folders for liveupdate and logs which would still be installed on system drive.

• 6.  RE: How to change the installation path of a managed SEP client?

Posted Oct 20, 2010 02:36 AM

Thank you all for your replies.  My question has been answered. smiley