Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 07:49 AM

I just got the e-mail about needing to go to SEPM 12.1.4a.  There are at least two logical choices at File Connect.  Do I need both, or just the one with SEPM in the file name?

• 2.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 08:04 AM

You  need only the First one which says SEPM 12.1.4 RUa

second one contains tools

for understanding the downloads check this article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/understanding-downloads-symantec-endpoint-protection-sep-121-available-symantec-fileconnect

• 3.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 08:05 AM

This release is specific to the SEPM. Only Part1.exe and SEPM.exe is available to download.

See this articles

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/latest-symantec-endpoint-protection-released-1214a-and-11074a

• 4.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 08:28 AM

Doesn't hurt to download them all but the clients remain unchanged. You want to make sure you download 12.1 RU4a as this is the fix for the SEPM vuln.

• 5.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 08:28 AM

OK.  I will be going for this one:

Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.4a_Part1_Installation_EN.exe

Is that correct?

• 6.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2014 08:30 AM

That's correct

• 7.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 24, 2014 08:32 AM

Yes, thats the only one you need

• 8.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 03:28 PM

Both Brian and Rafeeq helped with this solution and Rafeeq went on to provide additional assistance.  I give credit to both.

• 9.  RE: Which file(s) do I need to Download to fix the Latest Critical SEPM Issue

Posted Feb 24, 2014 03:38 PM

More than the credit ,thanks for sending me a PM when you needed help. Thanks again.