Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Oct 11, 2011 11:10 AM

(DLP, V9)

Currently, I populate my custom attributes with a single CSV lookup that pulls froms a monsterous source file requiring plenty of manual work. Data from AD, various vlookup fields, etc. 

I am trying to migrate into a scenario where I will pull the majority of the data from LDAP, and chain in the resulting fields with 2 much smaller CSV lookups.

My challenge is that I can't see how to call the csvlookup plugin twice, where it calls a different .properties file for the second call. 

Neither the lookup documentation, the plugins.properties file or the csvlookup.properties files give me any indication that I can reference more than one separate instance of the CSV lookup plugin.

BUT, in the rem notes for the plugins.properties file it has an example that raised an eyebrow:

# Plugin Execution Chain.

# A comma-separated list of attribute lookup plug-ins to be executed in sequence.

# Example: com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup, com.vontu.lookup.xls.ExcelLookup, com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup

# This example will execute Script Lookup #1 -> ExcelLookup -> Script Lookup #2

Is “xls.ExcelLookup” separate from csvlookup, and if so, is there a jar file for it (I don’t see one in my plugins directory)

I can easily swap out one of my CSVs for an excel, and then my chain would be

com.vontu.plugins.execution.chain= com.vontu.lookup.liveldap.LiveLdapLookup, com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup, com.vontu.lookup.xls.ExcelLookup

• 2.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 12, 2011 03:18 AM

Hi Erich,

This can be achieved by leveraging two CSVLookup.properties files. However, please note that this is not a supported configuration and you will not be able to leverage Symantec Technical Support in case you come across any issues with lookups.

All you need to do is add two lines for the CVS lookup properties file, in plugins.properties.

Eg.

com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup.properties = CsvLookupA.properties

com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup.properties = CsvLookupB.properties

• 3.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Oct 19, 2011 04:27 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to give this a shot, but wanted to ask first....with 2 CSV properties files, how do do you refer to one versus the other in the execution chain?

If you're calling the same plugin, does it execute both iterations when the plugin is called? 

• 4.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Oct 21, 2011 06:56 AM

The execution chain will have a single plugin for CSVlookup. However, the com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup.properties will be mentioned twice.

• 5.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Oct 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Looks like it's working. Thank you SO MUCH for the assist!

• 6.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Nov 17, 2011 08:54 PM

Hi Denis,

I've just tried to use this tweak on DLP 11.1.1 ver but it is not working for me.

Is there any other thing I should do about it? or it is just not working on DLP 11.1.1?

Thank you,

• 7.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Nov 18, 2011 03:46 AM

I have tried it in v11.1.1 and it worked. The configuration can get a bit tricky sometimes. However, before you implement, you must be aware that symantec may not support any issues arising around this configuration.

• 8.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Dec 01, 2011 04:07 AM

It is still not working for me. :(

Is that right making two csv properti files(CSVLookupA.properties, CSVLookupB.properties) and mention two csv perperti in the 'Plugins.properties' (com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup.properties = CsvLookupA.properties, com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup.properties = CsvLookupB.properties)?

• 9.  RE: Performing Chained CSV Lookups, different source files?

Posted Dec 01, 2011 04:19 AM

Test the lookup configuration with one file at a time.

a) Test the configuration looking up 'CSVLookupA.properties' only.

b) Validate the configuration for 'CSVLookupB.properties' seperately

c) Once 'a' and 'b' work fine, try combining as discussed above.