Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Some SEP 12.1 Questions

Posted Aug 21, 2011 10:07 PM

Hi all,

I have few questions regarding SEP 12.1

1. What will happen if we exceed our license, (e.g. I have 100 user license then I add another one, what will happen to the 101st client?)

2. If I have 2 SEPM installed in our environment, will I be using only 1 license file for those two?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Some SEP 12.1 Questions
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2011 12:34 AM

1. What will happen if we exceed our license, (e.g. I have 100 user license then I add another one, what will happen to the 101st client?)

Answer:

SEP 12.1 has two versions, Enterprise  edition, and small business edition.

In 12.1 enterprise, if you  deploy the  101'st client, it will get  updated, however, in the  licensing  status, in the  SEPM, you  will see  over  deployed. If you  call technical support, for any issues, you will not  get  support, unless you either  purchase more  license, or remove the extra  client

In 12.,1 Small business edition, the  101'st  client would not even get updated

2. If I have 2 SEPM installed in our environment, will I be using only 1 license file for those two?

Answer:

Yes, if you have two SEPM's configured in load balancing/fail over, you will need only one license (since they share the same database

• 3.  RE: Some SEP 12.1 Questions

Posted Aug 22, 2011 09:10 PM

- If you're using the Enterprise vesion, check this with Symantec in your area. I think the licensing agreement varies between regions.

• 4.  RE: Some SEP 12.1 Questions

Posted Aug 22, 2011 09:21 PM

Thanks for the response.

@VKalani

regarding my second question, my 2 SEPM were not configured in load balancing. They were configured on two different sites. I have 500 user license, but the 500 users were distributed on the two sites. (e.g. 200 on site A and 300 on site B). My concern is, if I will be using the license file I have right now and activate it on site A, will I still be able to user and activate it on my site B?