Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 12, 2010 12:13 PM

Hi,

I want to install Symantec endpoint Protection Client package on windows 7. When i run the setup, give me an error: Installation fails with the following error “Symantec Endpoint Protection has detected that there are pending system changes that require a reboot. Please reboot the system and rerun the installation.”

Best Regards,

Dário Ferreira

• 2.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

• 3.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 12, 2010 12:23 PM

• 4.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 12, 2010 12:26 PM
    First reboot the computer once and if it fails again then delete the reg key given in
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007121609023348
    t
    hen try instaling without rebooting

• 5.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 12, 2010 04:56 PM
    If you are trying to deploy from a server to a client, you might run into the same thing I did.

I had the same issue... and after trying the above replies, still had the problem.  Then I found this:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2009110411364348

Turns out by recreating the deployment install pack not as a single EXE, then copying the two live update files it mentions from the CD over the ones in the deployment files... the deployment worked first try.  Just had to point the deployment software in one more folder for it to recognize as a valid package to deploy.

Kind of lame that the live update files in the deployment packs made in RU5 aren't the latest ones needed for Windows 7... when they come on the same CD I used to install the software to begin with... but at least it works now.

• 6.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 14, 2010 07:36 AM

Thank you all. But the problem persists. Continues to ask to reboot the machine. I deleted the entries in the registry PendingFileRenameOperations, renamed the file as the documentation says. What can be done more?

• 7.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 14, 2010 08:04 AM
    Please check this document

SEP installation fails in Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2010020115105548?Open&seg=ent

• 8.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 14, 2010 09:16 AM
    Hi, the problem is solved. Initially  I installed in the SEP folder the LUSETUP then I ran the client package and installed without problems.

Thank you all.

Best Regards,

• 9.  RE: Install Symantec endpoint protection 11 client package windows 7

Posted Apr 14, 2010 09:31 AM
    please mark the post as resolved :)