Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Posted Jan 26, 2011 09:14 AM

Hi Guys,

We have lost the password for our Liveupdate Admin.

(I work in a School and there have been a selection of admins over the last 2 years, so no surprise that it's been mislaid!)

I can click on the password reminder but there has been no email server set up when Liveupdate was installed so that doens't work.

I've tried editing the XML file to configure an email server and valid address but now when I click to request a temp password it tells me my entered email address does not appear to match a valid user.

I've seen a Symantec staff member on one if these forums (Mick2009) suggests to contact Symantec Support.

Does anyone have the contact details for support? I've looked on the symantec site but there's nothing obvious listed for LiveUpdate.

Cheers.

Axe

• 2.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jan 26, 2011 09:31 AM

Telephone Number I'd use for the UK would be as follows:

Telephone

+44 (0) 870 2431003

• 3.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Posted Jan 26, 2011 09:39 AM

Many Thanks,

I'll try it now.

• 4.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Posted Jan 26, 2011 09:40 AM

https://support.broadcom.com..is the  US number.

• 5.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Posted Jan 26, 2011 09:57 AM

Symantecs support lines are dreadfull.

Just spent 10 mins on the phone only to be passed on to a line that has a recorded message telling me the number I'm trying to reach doesn't exist......

It's going to be a fun afternoon......

Axe

• 6.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Posted Jan 26, 2011 10:18 AM

i'm sure mudith has found a way to reset the password, let me get that link for you.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-get-password-login-liveupdate-administrator-if-you-dont-remember-password-and-email-not

got it :)

• 7.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Posted Jan 27, 2011 02:00 AM

Hi Axe,

Another option would be to remove the existing LUA 2.2.1 and perform a clean install of the current LUA 2.2.2.9.  That would of course require fresh configuration and downloading all the definitions again.....

I strongly recommend upgrading away from that older release and applying the current version of LUA.  Also: definitely keep your eye out for LUA 2.3, which should be released in about one month.  This new version has many performance improvements under its hood and many changes to make the GUI easier- it is a "must have" for all LUA users.

Thanks and best regards,

Mick

• 8.  RE: LiveUpdate Administrator 2.2.1.13 Lost Password

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jan 27, 2011 04:05 AM

Just glad I could help you out :)