Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted Apr 30, 2012 09:59 PM

I am getting the following error when deploying SEPPrep through SEPM server, "sepprep.ini file is missing".  I have found very little on the internet so I thought I would post here. I have followed the guide and copied the files (.ini, .exe and renamed the .exe)  into the 32bit 'FULL' folder.  I deployed the package from the Home screen, by choosing "Install Protection Client to Computers" from the "Common Tasks", then search for the computers by IP.  It says that it deploys the package but on the client computer it pops up a box "sepprep.ini file is missing".  The strange part is I can browse from the client computer to the share where the package is at and kick off the setup.exe(the renamed sepprep.exe) and everything works as expected(it removes AVG and installs SEP).  I need for this to work because I have 10 sites with 75 workstations.  

Does anyone have any ideas for what could be causing this?

• 2.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted Apr 30, 2012 11:04 PM

Hello Nathan,

What is version you're trying to install.

Please browse to http://fileconnect.symantec.com and download the latest version.

This should help.

Cheers!

Guru

• 3.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2012 02:55 AM

Hi nathan.temple,

Symantec has released latest version i.e SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1 & it has feature of Security Software removal.

No need to use SEPPrep 

Check following KB for more details:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178757 

Upgrading or migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1101 (RU1 MP1)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187753

• 4.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted May 01, 2012 03:58 PM

I am trying to install 12.1.  

Chetan, I upgraded to 12.1 RU1 MP1 but unfortunetly AVG 11 free is not on the list of Security Software removal.

Is there any way to add?

Thx for your guys input.

Nathan Temples

• 5.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted May 03, 2012 12:26 PM

same here. box in the client computer displays sepprep.ini file is missing even thought it is in the package

• 6.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted May 03, 2012 02:48 PM

i have narrowed it down not to be a problem with sepprep, but the problem is with remote push using an existing package. That is not working, the only files that get sent to the workstation is vpremote and the installation stops

• 7.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted May 10, 2012 12:16 PM

problem i had was iin selecting the package to uploade to the sepm, i was selecting only the setup.exe file. I should have selected the parent folder.

• 8.  RE: SEPprep.ini file is missing

Posted May 11, 2012 01:52 PM

Anand,

That was it...but now I have another problem.  When I push the package or run it from the unc path it prompt before starting the competative uninstall.  I have it set in the ini file to run silent and not to prompt but it is anyways.   Any ideas?

Thx for your help,

Nathan