Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Exporting Client Lists from SEPM

Posted Jan 26, 2011 03:06 PM

Happy New Year.  Hope everyone had a great holiday.  I have a quick question about exporting client lists from SEPM.  In the older version of SAV, in SSC, you could unlock the Server Group, click on the Parent server and see the entire list of clients that report to the server.  There was an option on the Toolbar to Export the list to a .txt file that you could then pull into an Excel Spreadsheet.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to do this same sort of thing in SEPM.  SEPM is laid out quite differently than SAV, SSC.  In my SEPM, I have all of my clients organized into groups.  So the tree structure shows My Company as the top most item in the tree, the next is Default Group, and after that are the groups I created.  When I click on My Company, the clients tab is empty, same for Default Group.  I don't see any clients lists until I click on my first group.  I figured that there might be an Export option when I right-click on my group, but I don't see anything that looks like it would export the client listing.

It would be nice if I could get an overall listing of the clients from SEPM, that I could then pull into a spreadsheet for additional sorting, etc.

Also, some of my client lists are more then one page, however, the page only shows 30 clients, but it looks like there is plenty of room on the screen to show more clients.  Is there a way to have the SEPM show more than 30 clients on a screen?

These issues are not show stoppers for me, but just nice to be able to do kind of things.  So if it is possible to do what I am trying to do in SEPM, your assistance would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Exporting Client Lists from SEPM

Posted Jan 26, 2011 03:09 PM

open sepm

monitors

logs

computer status

it will save as .txt

rename it to .csv

save it

open in excel.

thats it,,sort whatever you want ....

to adjust clients list

open sepm

monitors

logs

computer status

click on advanced option at the bottom blue link

make to a higher value.100 per screen is max i guess

• 3.  RE: Exporting Client Lists from SEPM
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2011 03:12 PM

Create a Computer Status Report

1. Choose Monitors from the left hand panel, and click on the Logs tab.
    2. For Log Type, choose Computer Status.
    3. Choose the appropriate time range, then choose View Log

Follow this article

How to export virus definition and client information in an excel format?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-export-virus-definition-and-client-information-excel-format