Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading 7.1 to 7.5 Altiris Agents

Posted Feb 27, 2014 02:33 PM

Hi

Im trying to migrate our current 7.1 Altiris Agents to 7.5 (new server installation, no migration).   I tried to change the notification server with the agent policy in test machines, but when it changes the NS nothing happens (the update policy of the agent is on in the new server), the agent just shows the new ns but it didnt update anything.

Browsing the forums i found this article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/altiris-agent-migration-symantec-management-platform-75

But I tried the deply the package using the mentioned VBS as runtime but it doesnt upgrade the agent.

Anyone have any different ideas?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Upgrading 7.1 to 7.5 Altiris Agents
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2014 03:18 PM

Hi Sorrento,

I tried to change the notification server with the agent policy in test machines, but when it changes the NS nothing happens (the update policy of the agent is on in the new server), the agent just shows the new ns but it didnt update anything.

• If you redirect 7.1 Agent to 7.5 NS Server but "LAC" policy is disabled, then it NS Server doesn't allow communication. You need to enable "Legacy Agent Communication" policy

legacy1.jpg

————————————————————————————————————————————

But I tried the deply the package using the mentioned VBS as runtime but it doesnt upgrade the agent.

• Did you check NT Event logs and Agent upgrade logs on test client machine, where you see that .vbs does nothing? Please check logs on your Win7 client ⇒ C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Agent
    • Or maybe .vbs script doesn't work because of UAC enabled on your test Win7 client computer?

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading 7.1 to 7.5 Altiris Agents

Posted Feb 27, 2014 04:13 PM

Thanks! I Didn´t know about the Legacy Mode, enabling it, allows my test machines the update to the new version.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading 7.1 to 7.5 Altiris Agents

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 12:38 AM

Good :)

"LAC" is disabled by default in case if you've done clean installation of ITMS/CMS or just SMP 7.5, but if you will perform an upgrade of ITMS/CMS or just SMP from 7.x to 7.5, then "LAC" will be automatically enabled.