Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group

Posted Oct 23, 2009 12:17 PM
    We have Active Directory managed groups and the problem clients have SEP 11.0.4202.75 and show green dots in their location in the Default Group in SEPM RU5.
    They are stuck in the Default Group and should have moved into the group matching their OU weeks ago.  Other clients in the same groups have moved as expected from Defualt Group to their correct groups.
    They do not all belong to the same OU.
    How can this be fixed?

Also,  I can no longer enable subscription alerts for the messages on this forum.  When I click on Subscriptions at the bottom of the page, I don't get any further options to select.  This has been happening for a few weeks now.

• 2.  RE: Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group

Posted Oct 23, 2009 12:32 PM
    Have you tried "Sync Now"

Notification is not working from last week or so and Admins have been notified and they are working on it.. 

• 3.  RE: Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group

Posted Oct 23, 2009 12:34 PM
    Hi,

If you have AD integration with SEPM, then, if the respective container for a client has been synchronized with SEPM, only then that client will be moving into that container. If the container is not there in SEPM, the client will remain in default group.

If this is happening in your network, its working as per design.

However, if you apply an upgrade package to Default Group , those clients will be upgraded as well.

Best,
    Aniket

• 4.  RE: Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group

Posted Oct 23, 2009 02:05 PM
    The containers exist in AD.  Other SEP clients are in those containers, but just a few failed to move from the default contrainer.
    I ran the Sync command on the container and none of the clients in the Default group moved into their prosective containers.

• 5.  RE: Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group

Posted Oct 23, 2009 02:27 PM
    I think the clients somehow are mislabled in SEPM and have corrupted or duplicate IDs because I noticed the description fields for these clients in SEPM client properties do not match the description field in the computer properties for the computers with the same computer names in AD Users and Computers.

How do we clean this and have SEPM rediscover these clients correctly?

• 6.  RE: Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2009 07:07 PM
    I deleted the AD OU from SEPM and reimported it into SEPM and the problem clients moved to the correct group.

• 7.  RE: Some Managed Clients Stuck In Default Group

Posted Nov 10, 2009 05:04 PM
    I have 3 computers showing up in the default group, and I don't want them there.

I create a new OU in AD, and put them in there, then do a Sync Now.  The computers show up in the new location, labled "Incoming" for now.

Then I move them into the real location they should be at in AD.  They go away from "Incoming" and show back up in the Default Group.

I can't delete the AD OU from SEPM, I don't get that option, and I would hate to lose all my cusom settings that are there (locations, policies, etc...).

Any ideas how I can get these 3 computers to go into the right group and stay there?

Also I am wondering if  "NetUser" had his show back up in Default or if they stayed where he put them.

Thanks!

PS - I am tempted to go replace the SyLink.xml file, but I was hoping to do this from my console, and not running around the company.