Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 10, 2011 01:29 AM

SEPM configuration wizard didn't recognize my valid email address at page 2. When I click next it says "invalid email address. Please specify valid email address".Tried at different 2008 R2 x64 servers, result is the same.Nor installation logs or any other logs says anything. Is it known issue? I need some glue, what else to check. Many thanks!

• 2.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 10, 2011 03:53 PM

If this is a new SEPM installation   pls refer to this link for a similar issue .

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/installing-first-sepm-mananagement-console-remote-sql-server

and if possible pls post the SEPM_INST log from (%temp%)  for further troubleshooting

• 3.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 10, 2011 06:33 PM

sfzsupport,

What is the format of the email address you are entering?

James

• 4.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 10, 2011 11:57 PM

to complete the install YOu can specifiy any email address, it should be of the from Anything@anything.com

you can change this later :) 

• 5.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 11, 2011 08:23 AM

Hi! Thanks for your comments. Our domain is in format support@ourdomain.az , where our domain is oilfund. We checked with gmail.com, mail.ru addresses. All the same. All fails email validity check. I install default mode (no SQL server) I used user@xyz.com it take this account, but later I want to change it back to my domain in Admin configuration window. It again says invalid email. I am surprised. It seems it checks is it correct english word or not. Very strange.

• 6.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 11, 2011 11:31 AM

Hi sfzsupport,

Thanks for the update.

I'm unsure why you're experiencing this issue. I've seen problems in the past with emails addresses which are unusual (example: host@ipaddress, james@192.168.0.22), but never with the format of email address you mentioned.

What build of the SEPM are you using? Having you confirmed that there are no extra spaces? Can you please type the error message exactly as it appears here? (Or, better yet, include a screenshot?)

James

• 7.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 12, 2011 12:12 AM

Dear James,

I attached requested info. I agree with you. I am sure that email address and its format are both correct.  I tried different emails. It takes some, but it refuses thouse which is incorrect english words, as I understood.

Please see attached screenshots.

• 8.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")

Posted Aug 12, 2011 01:19 AM

strange, I'm using SEP 12, but able to add the same e-mail address

• 9.  RE: SEPM Configuration wizard issue ("Invalid email address")
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 12, 2011 02:07 AM
      |   view attached

Strange, of course. My environmetn is:

Windows 2008 R2 x64 Standard (Virtual Machine)

Regional settings was:

Format: Azerbaijan

Language for non-unicode programs: Russian.

I changed regional settings (non-unicode programs and format) to English (United States) the problem solved. I successfully added my email address.

I believe Symantec should test this issue for Unicode languages.

thank you!