Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  Open Files in Workflow

Posted May 27, 2011 09:14 AM

I am currently running workflow 7.1 and I have a request form were users can add multiple attachments.  After they submit the form it goes to a manager for approval.  How can I set it up so the manager can click on something to open each attachment and view them?

• 2.  RE: Open Files in Workflow

Posted May 27, 2011 11:41 AM

Use the Download List component on the manager form and set it to the attachments variable.

• 3.  RE: Open Files in Workflow

Posted May 31, 2011 11:16 AM

The way I'm adding multiple attachments is by writing them to the helpdesk server for attaching to a ticket later and then writing the path and file name to a DB.  The attachments variable is an array not a file data type.  Download list does not seem to work.

• 4.  RE: Open Files in Workflow
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2011 11:53 AM

You can initialize a collection of FileDataType and whenever you add an attachment to your DB, add it to this collection as well and then you can display the attachments using the DownloadList component on the approval form. The way I attach files from a workflow to a Helpdesk (6.5) ticket is to simply email the attachments so that it appends them to the ticket. The only downside to this is that files can't be larger than 10 MB as per our email size limit.

Since you already have the path and file name of the attachments can't you just write a query to get this from the database and encapsulate the result with HTML hyperlink tags? You should have some way to distinguish which attachments belong to which ticket.

• 5.  RE: Open Files in Workflow

Posted May 31, 2011 02:16 PM

There is an integration you can use to attach the files the database within workflow.   There is still some sort of size limit in helpdesk (6.5)