Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 01:19 PM
    I have several users that are getting disconnected from the terminal server when they go to lunch or go into idle for too long.  I get a picture that looks like the Sygate "Attack History Graph" on the left hand side of the screen and a disconnect picture on the right hand side.  Can sometimes take several minutes to get back on the Terminal Server.  Can't find any indications of spyware or sygate on the system, but I am using Semantec endpoint security and Symantec bought Sygate.  Has anyone seen this issue?

• 2.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 01:47 PM
    This issue is not quite usual, do you have some message on Event Viewer about the Session Disconnected ? Also did you check on Symantec consle to see if something is detected ?

Regards,
    Paolo

• 3.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 01:55 PM
    A screenshot could be useful to understand better your issue.

• 4.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 02:31 PM
    Today, I was notified by someone working over a terminal session that they had this same problem. The server they were connected to is running SEP MR3, but only the AV component. The firewall is not installed. Here is the screen they saw.

imagebrowser image

• 5.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 02:38 PM
    I have never seen it and now I don't access to the Symantec database, so I hope some colleagues of mine will make a research for you asap.

• 6.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 03:13 PM
    the user having this issue was recently upgraded to MR4 MP1a. They were installing a piece of software when the terminal session screen went black and the graph appeared.  I think this is more of a problem with the client and a remote desktop session because prior to MR4 being installed, this client did this same work several times with no issue. I don't think the server running MR3 with only the AV component would see this graph. 

My situation isn't identical to the original poster. We saw this with a client connecting to a remote server using RDP, not going through a terminal server.

-Scott

• 7.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted May 12, 2009 03:27 PM
    I searched the database and came up empty. I have pinged the Advanced team as well, no luck.

I would recommend that you place a call to support

Thomas

• 8.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted Jun 24, 2009 09:44 AM
    Any news about this issue ?

• 9.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted Sep 07, 2009 03:30 AM
    Hi, i have the exact same problem. using SEP 11.0 on both the terminal server and client but i did not install the firewall component.

• 10.  RE: Disconnect from Terminal Server with an "Attack History Graph" graph on the screen.

Posted Nov 04, 2009 02:58 PM
    Bump