Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Posted Jul 09, 2014 11:55 AM

Hi at all,

I've a simple task but I can't find any solution
    The target is to reboot a computer while no user is logged on.
    This should be realized by policy (managed software delivery).
    First of all I've created a new Policy and added a power control task (reboot).
    The task runs at every compliance check. I set the advanced options "A user is not logged on to the compuert".  It didn't worked.
    My second try I've checked in a script as a software. Furthermore I've added the software instead the task to my policy.
    Nothing has changed. The script will be executed everytime.
    Now I've set the run options (to "when no user is logged on")  in the software "Advanced Options" menue.
    Now the software (script) wouldn't be executed but the task ist pending.
    If the user logs out the computer will be rebooting automaticly.

Does anyone has an idea how I can realize that the reboot only starts at a specific time and when no user is logged on.

thanks in advance

My environment is 7.5 HF6

• 2.  RE: Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Posted Jul 10, 2014 04:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I've discussed the problem with my colleague .
    If you tick two options in the advanced menue only the first option will be considered.

Attached the screenshot

• 3.  RE: Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Posted Jul 10, 2014 06:01 AM

Hi,

Change Remediation from Immediately to Schedule, define some time. In advanced settings check "A User is not logged on to the computer".

Regards,

Dmitri

• 4.  RE: Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2014 07:55 AM

Hi!

AFAIR, unfortunately "A User is not logged on to the computer" advanced option doesn't work in 7.5 release and in 7.5 HF6 as well indecision

Thanks,

IP.

• 5.  RE: Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Posted Jul 10, 2014 02:27 PM

Hi,

Is this a known issue? When will this Problem be fixed? Is this issue still present in 7.5 SP1?

The Option works only if I tick just one Option.

@ Dmitri:

If set a schedule for the remmediation and mark the "No user logged on" option. But If the user logs off the policy starts the remediation

Regards

• 6.  RE: Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Posted Sep 09, 2014 08:50 AM

Hi, do you have any news on this??

I've updated to 7.5 SP1 HF2 and the issue still exists :(

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Managed Software Delivery / Install Software when no user is logged on

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2014 11:13 AM

Hope that this information will be helpful