Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  PCAnywhere - New Update Available in SIM, Image Creation Question

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 11, 2012 10:03 AM

12.6.7 is now available via SIM addressing PCAnywhere's security concerns.

From DOC5475 http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5475

"Imaging a pcAnywhere computer

When you image a pcAnywhere computer (physical or virtual), Symantec recommends that you delete the private key, certificate, and local encryption registry key files found in the following locations:

• 64-bit : HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Symantec\pcAnywhere\ CurrentVersion\{HASH.EN_US}
    • 32-bit : HKLM\Software\Symantec\pcAnywhere\CurrentVersion\{HASH.EN_US}

When you deploy new images or clones, these values will be re-established the first time pcAnywhere runs."

I hope/assume prepare for image capture task does this, however I doubt it if no other agents were updated?

• 2.  RE: PCAnywhere - New Update Available in SIM, Image Creation Question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2012 02:50 AM

No, the Prepare for Image Capture task of DS would not automatically clean-up the registries. You have to do it manually. We would try to address this functionality in one of the future releases.

• 3.  RE: PCAnywhere - New Update Available in SIM, Image Creation Question

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 12, 2012 01:25 PM

Thanks for replying, what I figured.

I wonder what crazy high percentage of CMS users won't read the DOC and never know to do this on a base image.  I never would've read the DOC if it wasn't posted in the earlier thread.  

Something like that should be a pop up during SIM or something to let customers know.