Asset Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  CMDB Solution Exceeded

Posted Jun 14, 2011 04:54 PM

I saw this post in my google search http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/license-exceeded-when-editing-resource but still a bit frustrated trying to figure things out.

I have 1 license of CMDB Solution and no one else has the management console open, I am the only one who has access to the console and have no other windows configured. 

1st time I have tried to open a CI and getting this error.  Whats going on?  No one else is consuming a CMDB solution.

I hope it is not working as intended

• 2.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Posted Jun 15, 2011 08:52 PM

Connector solution is locking my CMDB or consuming the CMDB solution license.  I only have one license of CMDB and if I run an import or export an item the license is consumed.  If I run an import and then try to edit a CI I get a license problem error.  However I notice there is not a user associated with the license or a time when the license will free up.

Still trying to track this down, but having to wait all the time when I'm the only one using CMDB becuase I have 1 license of CMDB is unacceptable

• 3.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Posted Jun 16, 2011 09:54 AM

Also when I add a data class or edit a resource type in the CMDB it is consuming my license and not freeing things up

• 4.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2011 02:36 AM

What you have described above is a known issue.

Symantec is currently looking into it for a fix.

For further information, see the article "The license count for CMDB Solution has been exceeded" error shown when licenses count not exceeded.

• 5.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Posted Nov 08, 2011 11:16 AM

Hi,

I've the same issue and tried this http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166149  but nothing changed!

When I click the Computer-Ressources ("Manage-->Assets-->Manage Configuration Item -->Computers and Peripherals") the CMDB-Solutions consumed my 1 license.
    If I right-click the Computer or Monitor or something else, to create a new "ressource" my license is already in use and I've to wait 5 mins.
    The same happens with every other ressource.
    There is no difference if I open the console from the NS or from a client.
    You can't work this way. It's unacceptable..!

Has anyone an Idea or a Solution? Special settings for the ie? 

Thanks for your help.

• 6.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Posted Nov 09, 2011 04:17 AM

Hi,

I was looking up for the file "Altiris.AssetContractCommon.dll" in my Altiris installation folder. But I can't find it.
    Also, after installing the TECH, i can't find the file. I only find "Altiris.AssetContractCommon Web.dll".

Where should be the file?
    Can I manually replace the file?

Thanks

• 7.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2011 08:32 AM

Unfortunately, the workaround that is given at the http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166149 might not always work.

• 8.  RE: CMDB Solution Exceeded

Posted Dec 08, 2011 11:16 AM

Hello,

I tried this so many time before.
    I was very frustrated about the issue and the way to handle this.
    After many phone calls, I get a second licens for the next time (half a year).
    In Q1 2012, an update (sp2) should solve this issue.

We will see :)