Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP clients on old server

Posted Sep 22, 2012 05:51 PM

Have clients reporting to old SEPM. Try to move them to new SEPM. Created and installed package from new SEPM but still they report to old SEPM. Please help to understand why and how to correct?

yuri

• 2.  RE: SEP clients on old server
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2012 05:57 PM

When you created the new package, communication needs to be reset. See screenshot below and be sure setup this way for the new package:

• 3.  RE: SEP clients on old server

Posted Sep 22, 2012 08:46 PM

Worked

ty

yuri

• 4.  RE: SEP clients on old server

Posted Sep 25, 2012 11:50 AM

Ok...new server sees the client. I did what you guys suggested but need to clarify something. Since I updated the client the first time without selecting 'Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset the client-server communications settings' it still looked back at the old server when I re-installed with the new client package. So I ended up uninstalling Symantec from the client computer, and re-installed again. That's when the new server saw the client. My question is... Would I need to uninstall Symantec on all computers before I do the update, or will it take care of itself now that I have the correct install package. 

• 5.  RE: SEP clients on old server

Posted Sep 25, 2012 11:56 AM

Hi,

You can't be uninstall sep package just you can create New Package selecting 'Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset the client-server communications settings' and push again With new SEP package SEP client will be show in your SEPM console.

• 6.  RE: SEP clients on old server

Posted Sep 25, 2012 11:58 AM

Was the package you used from the new server? It needs to be.

• 7.  RE: SEP clients on old server

Posted Sep 25, 2012 12:07 PM

Posted on the wrong thread.