Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  DAgent and Aclient Both Installed

Posted Sep 19, 2009 10:40 AM
    So this is a long story that i wont get into. Basically the problem I'm having thought is, both the DAgent and the AClient (both have the icon of the red A with a white/blue circle in them) both are installed on quiet a few machines.  When the DAgent what put on the computers it sees to have wiped some sort of config file or something i assume and set bot hthe DAgent and the AClient to look at 10.0.0.1 or something like that as the deployment server by default.
    What i need to do is
    #1 Uninstall the Dagent or Aclient remotely on all machines
    #2 run some sort of script in win pe or something that changes the AClient or DAgent's to look at the correct IP Address

• 2.  RE: DAgent and Aclient Both Installed

Posted Sep 22, 2009 11:23 AM
    You could use the following to remove the agents. Just replace the <path> with the correct one for your installation.

Aclient
    <path>\AeXAgentUtil.exe /uninstallagents /clean

DAgent
    msiexec.exe /x <path>\DAgent.msi /quiet

To install the DAgent (replace the 10.10.10.11 with your Deployment Server Address)
    DAgent.msi /qn TCPaddr=10.10.10.11 tcpport=402

To update a computer that has an incorrect address, you could edit the following reg key with the correct address to your Deployment Server. You will need to restart the service for this to take effect.
    HKLM\Software\Altiris\Client Service\TcpAddr

To install the Aclient you would need to edit the aclient.inp file in the Agents\Aclient folder. Then creat a script to call the install
    <path>\altiris-aclient-6.9.164.X86.exe <path>\aclient.inp -silent -install -scriptedinstall

I am assuming you are using Deployment Server so once the machines are in the console you can set a defualt config using Tools | Options | Agent Settings. You could deploy new settings using the Change Agent Settings | Production Agent.