Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 21, 2009 03:08 PM
    After deploying my newly built workflow to altiris as a help desk item, the workflow is very slow in opening.  After waiting forever (it seems) the workflow runs as intended and any subsiquent time there after it open and runs quickly until the next day . I have to fire it off once again and wait for it to run. What am i missing.

• 2.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 21, 2009 03:26 PM
    I had some slowness in one of my published projects and there are a couple of things I could suggest to look at.
    If anyone has any other solutions for slowness, please post them! Thanks

• 3.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 22, 2009 08:31 AM
    One more quick thing to check: on the Publishing tab of the project properties, make sure Auto Initialize is checked before publishing. Unsure if the KBs mention this.

• 4.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 22, 2009 09:10 AM
    Auto Initialize isn't checked by default when I open a new project and I couldn't find any reference to it in the Workflow Admin or User guides. Could you tell us what the Auto Initialize does specifically? Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 22, 2009 03:36 PM
    Auto Initialize, in a sense, "preloads" your project in the workflow engine. It's probably not on by default for the reason of having multiple WFs "preloaded" on a server could be pretty memory-intensive.

• 6.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 22, 2009 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the explanation reecardo!

• 7.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 22, 2009 04:53 PM

My logs are being flooded with errors from two specific workflows.  It seems that these workflows have current processes dating back 5 or 6 months.  It looks like the user closed the browser without finishing the workflow, and the timeout functions are not working.  The log file says "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to follow the timeout path.  But I don't have anything between Timout and End. I have tried aborting these processes manually, but it just takes me back to the main page without actually aborting.  I even completely removed the project and re-deployed it, but the processes are still there.  Any ideas how to remove these, and what might be causing the timout errors?

• 8.  RE: Workflow is slow to open

Posted Jul 28, 2009 12:49 AM
    You deleted the projects from IIS?