Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  SQL Query for Security Role Membership

Posted Jun 16, 2010 11:34 AM
    Does anyone out there have a SQL query that will return each security role and the user(s) names who are members of that security role?  If so, would you mind sharing it with me?  i am having some trouble locating the tables necessary to build such a query.  Thanks.  Version 6

• 2.  RE: SQL Query for Security Role Membership

Posted Jun 17, 2010 01:19 AM

There is no table in NS 6 where user name is directly stored in place it’s stored the sid in SecurityTrustee table. Also there are other security tables where roles, permission and privilege get stored releated to entity. But I am not sure you will get the required information by just query.

• 3.  RE: SQL Query for Security Role Membership

Posted Jun 22, 2010 04:30 PM

I use this to find out about the premissions in NS6. Maybe not what you are looking for, but it gives you a start.

select sr.name as 'Security Role',
    sg.nameref as 'Display Group',
    sp.name as 'Privilege' 
    from securityrole sr
    join securityprivilegetrustee spt 
    on spt.trusteeguid = sr.trusteeguid
    Join SecurityPrivilege sp 
    on sp.guid = spt.privilegeguid
    join SecurityPrivilegeDisplayGroup sg 
    on sg.guid = sp.displaygroupguid
    where sr.name like '%'
    order by sr.name, sg.nameref

• 4.  RE: SQL Query for Security Role Membership

Posted Jun 23, 2010 09:15 AM
    Is there anywhere in the database where the SID is associated directly with a user?  It seems like there should be  way to link this information back to get the user names associated with each role.

• 5.  RE: SQL Query for Security Role Membership

Posted Jun 23, 2010 09:17 AM
    Thanks CliffL  This helps...now if only I could find out how to tie the user name to this.  I thought that maybe I could use the SecurityTrustee table which contains the user SID, but I can't find a table now that ties the SID back to a user name.  Just  little frustrating.

• 6.  RE: SQL Query for Security Role Membership

Posted Jun 23, 2010 11:56 AM