Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:36 AM

Hi

We are having emails from our domain blocked by several other companies using Symantec cloud.

Have checked the link provided by Symantec support but none of our MX records are showing as being blocked - how up to date is this?

We are clear on all other spam databases and our admin has checked the Exchange setup as per instructions.

Not keen to post IPs and domain names so would appreciate a PM from a Symantec employee to help resolve.

Looking forward to a quick resolution to this issue.

• 2.  RE: Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 07:32 AM

Hello Mr D C,

Please feel free to PM me your IP addresses that you are sending Emails from and I will check to see if we have any restrictions in place currently

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Tier2 Senior Technical Support Engineer,
    Symantec Corporation

• 3.  RE: Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Posted Feb 22, 2017 08:57 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried to PM you... got filtered. Please let me know if you got the details I sent addresses as a JPG.

Cheers,

Dave

• 4.  RE: Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Posted Feb 22, 2017 09:31 PM

On further investigation and testing it would appear that emails are being rejected based on their content.  It would appear that the filtering is not happening based on IP address.

We have determined that any links within the email containing our domain name are being rejected.  I'm presuming there are some content based rules that our domain has been added to.

Please advise how we have these rules adjusted to remove our domain name from them.  Not being able to include links to our website in emails will seriously impact our business.

NOTE: We are aware of how this happened as it was due to an email communication to our customers so we will take steps to ensure this does not happen again in future.  If you have some more detailed guidelines around how to format emails to avoid this in future I would welcome this.

• 5.  RE: Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2017 04:34 AM

Hi Dave,

I have sent you a private message regarding this,

And what we need to resolve the problem

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Symantec Corporation

• 6.  RE: Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Posted Feb 23, 2017 06:13 PM

Hi Richard,

PM received and details sent. 

I received your confirmation and that of the Investigations team that the issue has been resolved.  I sent test emails this morning and can confirm that the issue has been resolved too.  Many thanks for your and the team's assistance with this.

Best regards

• 7.  RE: Emails being blocked by Symantec cloud - need help resolving

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 05:18 AM

Hi Dave,

If possible please make this post as a solution to show that this thread is now resolved

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Symantec Corporation