Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris 7.1 Software uninstall task

Posted May 27, 2011 01:24 PM

I created a quick delivery uninstall task to remove a software package using the Uninstall - No UI option.  I noticed that the task wants to download the software before it executes.  Since the uninstall command is using the msiexec /x {GUID} /qn option wouldn't downloading the softare first be unnecessary in this case?  I looked for an option to not download the package first but did not see it anywhere. 

I know you can create a run script task to do the same thing but I thought it inefficient to download a package that you don't need just to uninstall it.

Please advise.

• 2.  RE: Altiris 7.1 Software uninstall task

Posted May 27, 2011 05:43 PM

As you suspected, you should create a run script task if the command line does not need to access any of the files in the package.

• 3.  RE: Altiris 7.1 Software uninstall task

Posted May 27, 2011 10:31 PM

Yeah that's what I thought.

It seems silly to have an uninstall option for the package though if it has to download before it can execute.  Overall though 7.1 is a huge improvement over 6.x.

• 4.  RE: Altiris 7.1 Software uninstall task
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2011 03:54 AM

You can do the uninstall with a quick delivery task. Be sure, that the package isn't selected, just the command line to uninstall