Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"

Posted May 20, 2013 03:38 PM

Hi All,

We use SEP 12.1.2015 and have it installed and running great on a few hundred machines. All machines check into the SEPM by using directory sync. AD is kept very neat and tidy.

On a number or machines spread across multiple OUs the virus definitions are showing as "Not Available" even though the AV is installed fine and the clients are checking into the SEM management console (green dot). I would delete them from SEPM and get them to recheckin but as they're AD integrated they can't be removed without either moving them from their OU in AD or deleting from AD.

I've tried things like restarting the clients, restarting the SEPM manager, clearing out errors from \inbox\agentinfo and each time the clients will check in fine but will not show the virus definitions in the SEPM.

I don't want to start deleting the definitions from each client as it's not happening on one or two but to about 30 machines out of about 300 so I really doubt it's corrupt definitions.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"

Posted May 20, 2013 03:45 PM

It may be a known issue fixed in the latest release, RU2 MP1

Clients report to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager as offline, even though they are online

Fix ID: 3002170

Symptom: Clients will randomly report into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager as offline, even though they are actively online and available.

Solution: Updated the client USN management to properly update the client status in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager reports.

You may want to run the SymHelp tool on one of the affected clients to see if any errors show up:

Symantec Help (SymHelp) Download

Article:TECH170752  |  Created: 2011-09-29  |  Updated: 2013-04-29  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170752

• 3.  RE: SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2013 09:25 PM

• 4.  RE: SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"

• 5.  RE: SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2013 12:02 AM

does deleting the client from console , shows the latest update?

• 6.  RE: SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"

Posted May 21, 2013 02:00 AM

Hi, 

Are the clients are updating with proper time? Or the policy serial number matches?

And for Pete since it is AD integrated we cannot delete the client from console.

Regards

Ajin

• 7.  RE: SEP Clients AV Definitions showing as "Not Available"

Posted May 21, 2013 10:18 AM

Thanks for the link,

Installing the Symantec Intelligent updater and rebooting the clients solved it.

Just in case anyone else comes across this thread. I also tried removing the clients and putting them into an OU in AD that wasn't sync'd. This allowed me to remove the endpoints from the SEPM console. Removing and syncing then readding and syncing did remove and readd them from the SEPM console but it did not resolve the issue.

Thanks

Conor