Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Server certificate is not present in your trusted store....

Posted Feb 02, 2012 02:32 PM

I recently upgraded to SEP 12.1 RU1 and continue to receive this message when I use the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console. I do not get this message when using IE to access the Web Console as IE accepts my certificate, only when I use the Java-based console. How do I stop this from occuring on my Java console???

Thanks for any help given.....

• 2.  RE: Server certificate is not present in your trusted store....

Posted Feb 02, 2012 02:59 PM

Hello,

If you upgrade a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from 11.x to 12.1, the local console shortcut works properly, but any local installation of the remote Manager console will not be upgraded. You will encounter errors when trying to run the remote console.You must uninstall the old remote Java console for Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, and install the new version

• 3.  RE: Server certificate is not present in your trusted store....

Posted Feb 02, 2012 03:11 PM

Thanks for the hint but I was running the 12.1 RTM and only added the RU1 update to that so this was a minor move of sorts........

• 4.  RE: Server certificate is not present in your trusted store....
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2012 04:19 PM

It appears that if you update your server to RU1 but the client installed on that server is older, it may affect your certificate from accepting permanently on the Java-based console. Once I got to updating the client on the antivirus server, all returned to normal. So if you have an SEP client installed on your SEPM server, update that client before setting up any remote console connections.