Ghost Solution Suite

View Only

Error finding Windows Installation location and slow Cloning

• 1.  Error finding Windows Installation location and slow Cloning

Posted Jul 02, 2008 09:47 PM

Hi,

I am using Ghost 11.0.1.1533 (GSS 2.1). I have created a master image for Windows XP SP3 and I pulled the image using the Symantec Ghost Console and it pulled successfully. The master image computer has an integrated network adapter RealTek RTL8168 and so I have downloaded the DOS driver from the RealTek's website to use as a template in my Ghost Console.

Now I am having two problems. First of all when I try to push the image using the Clone task, it is successful in preparing the config, cloning but it fails on the configuration stage, the PC reboots and goes back to the Ghost Partition/polling screen. The error I receive on my ghost console is "Error finding Windows Installation location". When I hit Ctrl-X, it breaks it and reboots and brings black screen saying "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information". 

The second problem I am having is that it is extremely slow when pushing the image. I have both my console and the PC on the same switch, with the same subnet and both the computers have Gigabit adapters but it still transfers at 130 MB/minute which is very slow.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. I have to image 120 computers for the labs next week here in the university. Please help.

Regards,

Omar