Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Dec 23, 2014 02:31 PM

I'm trying to find a filter that will show me different HP Model Workstations or Laptops that i have?

Does anyone know how i create a filter to look for HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1?

• 2.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Dec 28, 2014 12:28 PM

The easiest route to take is to open Resource Manager for one of these machines, and then locate the data class that contains this information. 

You can then use that table and perhaps one or two more in your filters sql query definition. 

If you require help in creating the query once you have located the data class, I will be more than happy to help you further. 

• 3.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Dec 31, 2014 01:11 AM

Hi there,

Give this a shot as a Filter based on RAW SQL, just replace the SQL DB name and the Model portion at the end with that of the HP's:

select distinct vcomputer.guid as UniqueID,        
            [Name],
            [IP Address],
            [OS Name],
            Model,
            [Chassis Package Type],
            [_vComputer].[Computer Role],
            vcomputer.IsManaged

from dbo.[Inv_HW_Logical_Device]        
    inner join Symantec_CMDB_DHNS01_7_1.dbo.vComputer on Symantec_CMDB_DHNS01_7_1.dbo.vComputer.guid = Symantec_CMDB_DHNS01_7_1.dbo.[Inv_HW_Logical_Device]._resourceguid        
    left outer join [Inv_HW_Chassis] AS [DCA2_HW_Chassis]on (vComputer.[Guid] = [DCA2_HW_Chassis].[_ResourceGuid])        
    LEFT OUTER JOIN [Symantec_CMDB_DHNS01_7_1].[dbo].[_vComputer]ON (vComputer.[Guid] =[Symantec_CMDB_DHNS01_7_1].DBO.[_vcomputer].Guid)        
    where ([OS Name] like '%7%' or [OS Name] like '%XP%' or [OS Name] like '%8%' )        
    and vcomputer.IsManaged = '1'         
    and Model like 'latitu%'     

• 4.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Jan 12, 2015 03:02 PM

fyi i tried your code...

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Invalid object name 'Symantec_CMDB_DHNS01_7_1.dbo.vComputer'.

I have a way I just need to look back through how I did it..

• 5.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Jan 12, 2015 03:09 PM

ok here is an easy start..

there is a table with it so easy to do..

Your going to want to do a report as a filter will not show this information but you can run the following in a report.

select * from vHWComputerSystem

• 6.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Jan 12, 2015 03:11 PM

oh fyi there is a report already... with a count of them. that is where i got the table from.

Reports    >    Discovery and Inventory    >    Inventory    >    Cross-platform    >    Count of Computers by Manufacturer and Model

• 7.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Jan 12, 2015 11:56 PM

Morning, 

To resolve the errors you are getting you need to replace everything in Bold with your SQL DB name.

Eugene

• 8.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 04:10 AM

Why don't you use a "Enhanced Console View" to create appropriate filter including there all required conditions per appropriate Data Class to have a list of only required resources?

Example from 7.5 SP1:

ECV_BuildFilter.jpg

Thanks,

IP.

• 9.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Posted Jan 13, 2015 10:36 AM

i only have 7.5sp1 on my dev server.. im gonna have to check that out... thx

</hijack>

• 10.  RE: How do i create a filter to target computer models

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jan 20, 2015 02:22 PM

Here's screenshots from a model search for Dell Latitude E4200, maybe it will help you.