Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec LUA - Distribution Schedule - File Transfer Error

Posted Oct 18, 2010 07:34 AM
      |   view attached

LUA - File Transfer Error

Hi everyone! I've solved many problems with Symantec products with this forum, so thanks all :)

But now I can't find any information about my problem.

We have 26 branches in our organisation, in every branch we have domain controller with Live Update Administrator v2.2.2.9 installed on it. There are 26 distribution center, and 26 distribution schedules to send updates to branches...

The problem is that one newly opened branch with new installed LUA can't receive updates from main server... In log we can see that some update files got errors when sending - File Transfer Error.

I tried to delete problematic update files from main server, but it doesn't help. I tried to reinstall LUA on problematic server, but nothing...

Can anyone help me?

P.S. In official documentation I can't find any information about "File Transfer Error" error message!!!

• 2.  RE: Symantec LUA - Distribution Schedule - File Transfer Error

Posted Oct 18, 2010 07:42 AM

Is there any network issue on this server /VLAN..like if network disconnect it between the transfer it get interrupted and most of the times it also corrupts the defs.

• 3.  RE: Symantec LUA - Distribution Schedule - File Transfer Error

Broadcom Employee

• 4.  RE: Symantec LUA - Distribution Schedule - File Transfer Error

Posted Oct 18, 2010 07:47 AM

I forgot to say, that except main server, all other branch servers running Windows Server 2003 R2, with IIS6...

• 5.  RE: Symantec LUA - Distribution Schedule - File Transfer Error

Posted Oct 18, 2010 07:49 AM

Double check the permissions for the distribution folder.Also assure that disk having sufficient free space..

• 6.  RE: Symantec LUA - Distribution Schedule - File Transfer Error
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 19, 2010 02:42 PM

Problem Solved!!!

What I did?

1. Vikram Kumar-SAV to SEP - I monitored network for issues at night time (distribution starts at night), but there is no problem with it.

2. AravindKM  - I checked permissions for the distibution folder, and even set Full Access for everyone, but it did not solve the problem.

3. pete_4u2002 - I followed the link you gave me, and it helped me to find the same article for IIS v6.0. With that document I configured IIS, and problem disappeared!!! Here is the link

P.S. I think the problem is in Apache Tomcat software, because I havn't set up IIS for other branches, but all works fine with default settings...

Thanks all.