Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Altiris 7.1 Filters and Organizational Views

Posted Jul 10, 2011 07:25 PM

Hi All,

I am installing Altiris 7.1 in parallel to our old 6.x environment.

I am by no means and expert and have a couple of questions in regards to filters and the Organizational Views.

The install has completed and So far I have been able to work my way through creating what we need with not much issue.

But I am stuck on the Filters and Organizational View side of things.

I have been able to create filters ok...(like IP address etc) to display Computers at a location based on the subnet ie 172.20.1.x etc.

This is all good and working for all our sites.

I have created site names and department names in the organizational view......but how do I assign the filters I have created to the Organizational Views...so when some clicks on the department or site name they get the view from the filter(s).

I can see you can manually assign the resources ..but considering the amount I have this is not viable. The filters display everything perffectly...so why can I not find where to attach these to the Org views ?

• 2.  RE: Altiris 7.1 Filters and Organizational Views

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 10, 2011 09:56 PM
    I think what you need is to set up Automation policies. It's a policy that runs that dumps computers to OUs based on IP. Let me know if you need specifics I can post a screenshot tomorrow prob. If anyone has a better way to do this please post as I'd be interested to know

• 3.  RE: Altiris 7.1 Filters and Organizational Views

Posted Jul 12, 2011 05:56 PM

If you browse to the Jobs/Tasks - Asset Managment - CMDB (I think thats the path)  There are some jobs that have been setup to allow you to assign Asset's to locations,  Owners to Asset's

The first thing that you will need to do is add the subnet to the locations that you have setup.

Once that is done go to the jobs and enable the "Assets to Inventory"   Make sure you select an Inclusion filter

After that runs you can then run the "Network Resources to Location" Job

That should get you what your after.

• 4.  RE: Altiris 7.1 Filters and Organizational Views

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 13, 2011 03:52 PM
      |   view attached

Fizo, I"m not the original poster, but I don't have asset mgmt so I don't have those options, but it's good to know something like that exists - thanks.

Attaching a screenshot of our automation policy set up - assigning computers in IP ranges to Buildings.  It does seem like it should be easier somehow using filters?