Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 11:18 AM

I have SEPM v11.0.4202.75 and a mix of two versions of SEP client; both v11.0.4202.75 and v11.0.5002.333 and on my RU5 clients (v11.0.5002.333) the registry entry for centralized exceptions does not exist.  The registry entry I'm used to using is:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\Exclusions

There is no Exclusions in the registry for the RU5 clients I have checked.  Has this moved?

I checked the release notes for RU5 and didn't see anything about it.

• 2.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 11:25 AM
    I'm running on MU5
    If I have excluded a folder on c drive so it registry its under this registry key
    this is the complete path , you need to check it here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\Exclusions\ScanningEngines\Directory

whatever below scan engines are excluded one based on directories, extensions ...etc

• 3.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 11:34 AM
    Even in RU5 exceptions are in the same place.

• 4.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 12:47 PM
    Why would these servers not have the registry entries?  How can I fix them?

• 5.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 01:05 PM
    are u logged in remote?
    do a policy update on client, it should populate with latest exclusions
    wait for 2 mins, you should see the registry getting populated
    make sure that you have applied the policy to the group in which the client resides.
    check the location use count on the policy page of the sepm

• 6.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2009 01:10 PM
    Scratch that.  After a little further digging, I discovered that 64-bit clients have a separate registry hive for exceptions located here (for future readers with the same ignorance):

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\Exclusions\ScanningEngines
    It was the Wow6432Node that threw me.

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the trouble.

• 7.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 01:13 PM
    I told you its all under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\Exclusions\ScanningEngines\Directory folder,

You found the info thats great. 

• 8.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:42 PM
    The key you refer to is for 32-bit clients and was empty on my 64-bit clients.  Thanks.

• 9.  RE: How to Verify Centralized Exceptions in SEP RU5 clients? Registry values missing.

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:43 PM
    Very good info.. I have it on 32bit so could not find that folder,helpful one.