Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 05:08 AM
    Hi,
    I keep seeing a bunch of Computers reported in the "ANTIVIRUS ENGINE OFF" line of the Status Summary panel on the SEPM console homepage. When I go to check the systems reported in the associated report, I find that the AntiVirus Engine is turned On and the Auto-Protect engine is ON. Everything therefore seems to be OK although SEPM tells me that I've got 40 computers with their engines OFF. Either I've got a problem somewhere which I just can't seem to pinpont, or I just haven't fully understood what those counters want to indicate. Any ideas, suggestions or explanations? 
    Thanks, Joe

• 2.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 05:28 AM
    Check this out

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/antivirus-engine-and-virus-definitions-out-date

• 3.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 05:29 AM
    Does these computer names or computer description contain special character ? It might cause this issue..

• 4.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 05:37 AM
    What is the version of SEP that is installed?
    If you are using SEP MR1 , then please upgrade

Title: 'Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager reports incorrectly clients with a Status Summary of AntiVirus Engine Off on the home page'
    Document ID: 2007121311213848
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007121311213848?Open&seg=ent

What database you are using ?

Try the 2 steps given below :

1.   Go to Program files/Symantec/Symantec EndpointProtection Manger/data/ inbox/agentinfo
        if there are any temp flies delete them , make the folder empty
        Restart the SEPM service

2. Delete the logs from the database:

Login to SEPM

Go to the Admin tab.

Click on Servers.

Select the "Local Site" from the list of Servers.

Under "Tasks," select Edit Site Properties.

Under the "General" tab, there is a check box that says "Delete clients that have not connected for X days." By default this is set to 30. Change the number of days as desired.

Click OK.

• 5.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 06:46 AM
    All computer names are structured and have the format : XXXX-BBBBNNN    where XXXX is the site ID, BBBB is a descriptive part followed by a number. Therefore the only special character is the - sign.

The SEP Management version is 11.0.4202.75

I'm also having an issue with Out-of-date virus definitions. Here SEPM seems to be accurate, although I have yet to determine why the clients don't upgrade. I see that they've checked-in today for example, but virus definitions are more than a month old on some computers!

Any ideas?

Thanks ,   Joe  

• 6.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2009 07:01 AM
    Try the 2 steps that i have mentioned in my last post .

Also what datbase you are using?

the cleints that have old virusdefs are the commuincating with the SEPM ( Check if the have  agreen dot on them or not)

• 7.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 10:19 AM
    Hi,

Please refer to the following document to see your status in a Liveupdate issue.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2009082702000348

Cheers,
    Aniket

• 8.  RE: STATUS SUMMARY - AutoProtect OFF

Posted Sep 08, 2009 12:00 PM

We are using an Oracle database. I haven't tried your suggestion yet because the system is in production and I need permission. Thanks, Joe