ServiceDesk

View Only
  • 1.  Font Color in Process View History

Posted Mar 05, 2012 03:56 PM

Does anyone know if there is a setting to make the font color darker when viewing the History in ticket? Right now it's a gray font and some of our workers are complaining that it's too light to read.

• 2.  RE: Font Color in Process View History
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 06, 2012 05:04 AM

The customizations you are looking for is done editing css files. I did a customization earlier when I changed the font size in the history web part in the process view. It should be pretty much the same process when changing the color. I believe the instruction I wrote would be useful for you.

Here it is:

Applies to: ServiceDesk 7.x and 7.1 (the location of the css-files in this article is for 7.1, for 7.x search for pv_styles)

When you work with incidents you might want to increase visibility by changing the size of characters in some parts of the "Work with incidents"-form (process view).
    This is done by editing Cascading Style Sheets (CSS-files) witch are located in .\Symantec\Workflow\ProcessManager\App_Themes\Symantec

To change the size of the text in the "History" web part

1. Make a copy of the file pv_styles.css
    2. Open file pv_styles.css in wordpad
    3. Go to section "history" (use search)
    4. Go to the line which starts with: .pv_h_desc and change the part which says "font: 11px/12px Arial" to "font: 14px/15px Arial"
    5. Hit the save button and open an incident and review the change

To increase the size of the Description box so it can show more information without scrolling

1. Make a copy of the file Layout.css
    2. Open file Layout.css in wordpad
    3. Search for .pnlDescription and change it according to the instructions below

Before:
    .pnlDescription

{
    max-height: 100px; /* sets max-height value for all standards-compliant browsers */
    overflow:auto;
    height: expression( this.scrollHeight > 99 ? "100px" : "auto"); /* sets max-height for IE */
    word-wrap:break-word;
    }

After:
    .pnlDescription

{
    max-height: 300px; /* sets max-height value for all standards-compliant browsers */
    overflow:auto;
    height: expression( this.scrollHeight > 299 ? "300px" : "auto"); /* sets max-height for IE */
    word-wrap:break-word;
    }

Good luck!

• 3.  RE: Font Color in Process View History

Posted Mar 06, 2012 08:22 AM

That's exactly what I was looking for thanks for the help.

• 4.  RE: Font Color in Process View History

Posted Mar 06, 2012 01:25 PM

This is very helpful.  Where can I change the font size of the description text to match the new font size of the history text?