Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  ISA 2006 with symantec endpoint 11

Posted Nov 12, 2009 02:09 AM

Dear All

i'm working in institute , which has for its main server windows 2000 & and isa 2000 , i made  another new server with operatnig system 2003 server , isa 2006 & i installed symantec endpoint 11 SEM on the new server , this is becuse that i had employee clients wich benefit from the first server and student client which benefit from the second one , the problem or the question is that when i made the second server is the main server for symantec for both student and employee they works good and the symantec clients updated properly with no trouble, but when i install isa 2006 on it it still working good , but when i configure the web chainig rule in isa 2006 to obtain internet for local clients ( student) and put the first server in upstream proxy server this rule block the green dot which appeare in the tool bar and it disapeare to be green for all clients (employee and students ) , i suppose that this rule of web chaining block clients to see server , any one face like this peoblem ? please send to me

REGARDS 

• 2.  RE: ISA 2006 with symantec endpoint 11

Posted Nov 12, 2009 03:06 AM
    You need to create a rule so that it allows HTTP access for the port number used by symantec endpoint protection manager and clients
    if installed on default website..it will be port number 80
    if on custom most of the times it will be 8014
    these ports should be open for the clients to communicate.

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring_ISA_Server_Interface_Settings.html

On the ISA 2006 Server, logon using an account that has ISA Server Administrator permissions.
    2. Go to: Start > All Programs > Microsoft ISA Server Management.
    3. In Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 management console left hand side menu, expand the array name, and then click the Firewall Policy node.
    4. In the right hand side click on Tasks tab. On the Tasks pane, click on Create Access Rule.
    5. On Welcome to the New Access Rule Wizard page, type the name you wish to give to the Firewall Rule (e.g. Allow HTTP Traffic) in Access Rule name text box. Click on Next.
    6. On Rule Action page, select the Allow option, and then click on Next.
    7. On Protocols page, select the Selected protocols option from the This rule applies to list, and then click the Add.
    8. In Add Protocols dialog box, expand Common Protocols folder. Highlight HTTP and click on Add. (Optionally, you may need to select HTTPS if secure communication port is being used for SEP Manager – SEP Client communication.) Click on Close. Click on Next on Protocols page.
    9. On Access Rule Sources page, click on Add.
    10. In Add Network Entities dialog box, expand Networks, highlight Internal and click on Add. Click on Close. Click on Next.
    11. On Access Rule Destinations page, click on Add.
    12. In Add Network Entities dialog box, expand Networks, highlight Internal and click on Add. Click on Close. Click on Next.
    13. On User Sets page, make sure that All Users is already added and click on Next.
    14. On Completing the New Access Rule Wizard page click on Finish.
    15. Click on Apply to save changes and update the configuration on the main window.

Above mentioned method to create Firewall Rule takes care of HTTP traffic in most cases. However, for all the clients to get updated with the new rule, user may need to reboot the client computer(s) once.

• 3.  RE: ISA 2006 with symantec endpoint 11

Posted Nov 15, 2009 06:47 AM
    Dear Mr . Rafeeq

I do the steps , whith no solution , the problem still exisit , do u have another ideas ?

Regards 

• 4.  RE: ISA 2006 with symantec endpoint 11

Posted Jan 29, 2010 04:43 PM
    do u see any blocking in your isa server rules.
    you can check your isa logs.