Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Move SEPM to Another Server

Posted Jun 07, 2009 04:50 PM
    I have installed SEPM on my server. It's a fresh install. The version is MR4MP2. The live update is by default manage server. In my network the SEPM server is only one that is with Windows 2003 Standard SP2 and my client is Win XP pro. I also have installed all my clients. But now I need to move SEPM to another server and delete the original SEPM. How should I do? If I install SEPM in another server, how do I replica the data base? I am new to SEP, anyone can give me this information to save me a lot of time to study the manual?
    Thanks very much.

• 2.  RE: Move SEPM to Another Server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2009 12:39 AM
    either you can follow the
    1) moving into another SEPm with different host name and ip address
    http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008031204405448

• 3.  RE: Move SEPM to Another Server

Posted Jun 08, 2009 10:10 AM
    Good Solution Mr. pete_4u2002. It will help many others including me.
    Just to get an idea can't we replace the sylink.xml of new server to the old clients to make them communicate with the new SEPM?

Ajit

• 4.  RE: Move SEPM to Another Server

Posted Jun 08, 2009 06:43 PM
    Peter_4U2002,

Thanks for your information. I will try it. Just double-check, my original SEPM was setup by using embedded database. Can I use this method?

• 5.  RE: Move SEPM to Another Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2009 12:43 AM
    yep.. it does not matter if its embedded or MS SQl. it will work. Hope you have also looked at the DR KB article within that :-)

Cheers
    Pete

• 6.  RE: Move SEPM to Another Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2009 01:02 AM
    hi, it's possible, but think of running the sylink.xml on these client computers, if machins are in domain you can have script and paste the sylink.xml, for others it would be difiult, instead of making changes on client only change ( DR recovery) is needed on SEPM.

Cheers
    Pete