ServiceDesk

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

• 1.  ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 13, 2014 08:09 AM

I need to create the following reports

1.  Open Tickets - running counts - daily select Categories

2.  Aging Ticket Count - tickets opened 0-2-days, 2-7 days, 1 week-3-weeks, 4 weeks +

I have been trying to create these in SQL Builder and IT Analytics, but cant seem to get the correct syntax down.

Wondering if anyone else has been down this road and can share any insight.

thanks

Steve

• 2.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 13, 2014 09:29 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you want the SQL code for these reports so you can run them outside of the ServiceDesk console?

• 3.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 13, 2014 09:33 AM

@Justin -  SQL works - I have been using IT Analytics and Trying to use the SQL Report builder so I can plug the reports in for the VP to run.

The SD reporting tool has been _less than friendly_ ;-)

I'm willing to try either though.

steve

• 4.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 15, 2014 07:49 PM

I'm also interested in reporting on Aging Ticket Count, but haven't found a solution yet. I've mainly been looking at IT Analytics.

• 5.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 22, 2014 04:35 PM

The attached file is a 7.1 Report export. Rename the file to .report and import to your environment.

It approximates what you are asking for. The Option tab in the Report editor allows for Grouping.

You get COUNT(*) for free when you start grouping columns.

• 6.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 22, 2014 04:36 PM
      |   view attached

Rename file to 'Age+Test.report' and Import.

Attachment(s)

xml
    Age+Test_0.xml   46 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 22, 2014 05:36 PM

I downloaded, renamed and imported the attachment and receive "Incorrect setup fpr report" message when I try to open it. When I edit it, no Data Sources are selected.

• 8.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 22, 2014 06:22 PM

I will guess that my environment is not the same version. I've attached two screen shots that show the construct of the report.

• 9.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 23, 2014 04:45 PM

Excellent. I was able to contruct the report. In the original post it was requested to have this report grouped by time periods. This would make the report much easier to read. Is this possible? Example Tickets 0-7 days, > 1 week, > 2 weeks, > 3 weeks, > 1 month, > 2 months, etc.

• 10.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted May 23, 2014 05:21 PM
      |   view attached

The Report Builder is not capable of grouping as you have described. The attached screen shot shows that you can define 'Older Than' when the 'Age' source is selected.

• 11.  RE: ServiceDesk 7.1 Aging Report

Posted Aug 22, 2014 05:00 PM

I was able create a ServiceDesk Age Report that Includes Process Actions setting working and links to the processes into the report:

the link below explains the process https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/using-custom-sql-servicedesk-report-builder-and-still-use-parameters

The report is expandable and include working process actions links to the ticket.

ServiceDesk Age1.png

ServiceDesk Age2_0.png

The steps are documented in the above link.

SQL query for the for the Database view is below...

CREATE view [dbo].[IMTicketAge]

as

select

im.SessionId

, CASE

WHEN ISNULL(IM.[CurrentlyAssignedQueueName], '') <> '' THEN IM.[CurrentlyAssignedQueueName]

WHEN ISNULL(IM.[Owner], '') <> '' THEN u.DisplayName

END AS AssignedTo

,CASE WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) < 7 THEN '< 7 Days'

WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) >= 7 and datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) <= 14 THEN '7 to 14 Days'

WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) >= 15 and datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) <= 30 THEN '15 to 30 Days'

WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) >= 30 and datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) <= 60 THEN '31 to 60 Days'

WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) >= 60 and datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) <= 90 THEN '61 to 90 Days'

WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) >= 90 and datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) <= 180 THEN '90 to 180 Days'

WHEN datediff(d,rp.ProcessStarted,getdate()) >= 180 THEN '> 180 Days'

else 'other' end as [TicketAge]

from ImIncidentTicket im

join [User] u on u.PrimaryEmail = im.Owner

join ReportProcess rp on rp.SessionID = im.SessionId

GO

The output of the Sql query includes the sessionid, AssignedTo and TicketAge from the query above.

ServiceDesk Age3.png

The profile definition setting accessed from the ServiceDesk portal page at Admin | Data | List & Profiles | Add Profile Definition (Existing Table) is shown below...

180px_ServiceDesk Age4.png

The highlighted overview in the report creation for ServiceDesk Age is show below...

ServiceDesk Age5.png

I hope this helps in ServiceDesk report creation limitations