Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 03, 2012 11:29 AM

ok - getting my test 7.1 serve up (that will become my production one) - I have 1 client on it. PCAnywhere installed fine on it.
    On the server the "pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows - upgrade"  fails with exit code 1001.

The logs don't tell me anything. version 12.6.8096 (according to SIM)

I cant connect to the client using PCA so im assuming the is the issue.

Joe.

• 2.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 03, 2012 03:58 PM

You're trying to install the PCA client on a server?  The product's not licensed for that so I don't think it will install.

• 3.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 06, 2012 04:19 AM

The package did install OK. Its the upgrade thats failing. I think you may be wrong there.

I think because the upgrade isn't installing - thats the reason why it cant connect to the client from the server using PCA  (the client has the upgrade installed)

Joe.

• 4.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 06, 2012 11:13 AM

Are there any message in the Windows logs ro the Altiris log viewer.

• 5.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 06, 2012 11:22 AM

• 6.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 06, 2012 01:14 PM

Have you try to install the upgrade manually to see how the installation act ?

• 7.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2012 10:05 AM

turns out that the PCAclient (the same one that the clients get) cannt be pushed to the notification server. This has its own installed version. It will come up with the error but this is normal.

Joe.

• 8.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 10, 2012 01:39 PM

I do not know where you get that info from, but as far as I know it can be pushed on each and every server no matter what and this, even if it is the NS.

Test done by myself. When you have the installation policy on the server will get the PcA when the agent get the update which you can force.

• 9.  RE: pcAnywhere Plug-in Package for Windows fails on server

Posted Aug 13, 2012 04:19 AM

I logged a call with support and they told me that PCA couldn't be installed on the NS as it has its own PCA installation (or soemthing to that effect)

Joe.