Endpoint Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

"User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Migration User

Migration UserJun 11, 2010 12:15 AM

• 1.  "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 11, 2010 11:19 PM
    I am using SEE 7.0.3 Full DIsk with Windows 7. When I register a new account as second user using client administrator account in SEE login prompt, then login in Windows prompt, a message "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" is shown.  The message focus on user profile who was not loaded correctly. I think the solutions on Web may not be solved on the problem in SEE related matters. Does anyone have idea about this? Meanwhile, is SEE 7.0.3 support Windows 7 environment?  

• 2.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 12, 2010 05:20 AM
    I would imagine that this problem is coming from the fact that 7.0.3 is not supported on Windows 7. Its difficult to say for sure, but it would make sense. 7.0.5 supports the disk encryption on Win7 but not the user accounts. Apparently 7.0.6 is fully supported on Win7.

• 3.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 12, 2010 04:01 PM
    Yes, 7.0.6 is fully supported on windows 7 but is not available yet.

• 4.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 12, 2010 09:38 PM
    The fact that we have to upgrade Windows 7 this month, beforehead the solution of user account problem is a must. Do anyone know the 7.0.6 release schedule? Thanks

• 5.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 13, 2010 03:28 AM
    You could always upgrade to 7.0.5, which supports full disk encryption but just not the user/PBE side. It could provided a half-way solution while you wait for 7.0.6

• 6.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 13, 2010 09:12 PM
    Thanks ukDavidC.....
    I have upgraded to 7.0.5 by the following sequences:
    1. uninstall Full DIsk, RS, One TIme Password
    2. upgrading SEE Management Server (without uninstall that component, all configuration follows previous version) .

The new version seems nice, but it is found that there is no authenication prompt (no authenication in pre-boot Windows and no password prompt in User console). All features such as Authenti-Check, Password function are not workable. Do anyone know that any setting I am missing? Thanks...

• 7.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 14, 2010 03:32 AM
    Those are the bits that are unfortunately missing from 7.0.5 but will be back in 7.0.6. You sill get the encryption functionality though.

P.S, you should be able to upgrade without uninstalling. You then dont need to decrypt anything first.

• 8.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 17, 2010 05:13 PM

The Symantec client now supports both the 32-bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7. User authentication on a Windows 7 client is enabled through the Windows authentication process.

The following editions of Windows 7 are supported:

Professional,

Ultimate, and

Enterprise.

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you : )

• 9.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 18, 2010 03:27 AM
    Isn't "User authentication on a Windows 7 client is enabled through the Windows authentication process" just a fancy way of saying its not fully supported on Windows 7? smiley

• 10.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 18, 2010 09:14 PM
    Thanks for solutions provided. But I wanna back to my original problem - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded". I have installed SEE 7.0.5, same message appeared. The problem is, only 1 user can register / login in each domain account. Do anyone got this message before? and any solution ahead? (No such error in Windows XP)

• 11.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 19, 2010 03:57 AM
    Did you upgrade from 7.0.3 or install fresh 7.0.5 on this client? You shouldn't have to register users in SEE with 7.0.5?

• 12.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted May 19, 2010 09:13 PM

No matter Full Disk 7.03 or 7.05, all fresh installation in Windows 7 unable to accept multiple login for each domain account. I think Windows OS version is the key point.

• 13.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Jun 02, 2010 04:11 AM
    Anyone know how to solve the problem? or it will be solved on the next upgrade (7.0.6)
    Thanks.

• 14.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Jun 07, 2010 05:32 PM
    I know this doesn't help you at all, but I am encountering the same problem sporatically with Vista Professional running 7.0.5.  Symantec, this can't be a coincidence...

• 15.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Jun 07, 2010 05:37 PM
    Could you post the actuall Event Viewer entry relating to this?

• 16.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Jun 08, 2010 03:33 AM
    The event viewer shows the error ID = 1500. Description: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"...... Details: only finish part of "ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory" request.
    The Source is come from User Profile Service

Between, please state whether SEE support Windows 7 or not, or it will be solved on the next upgrade (7.0.6)

Thanks.

• 17.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Jun 11, 2010 12:15 AM
    anyone have idea?

• 18.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Jul 12, 2010 04:35 AM
    I'm informed that 7.0.6 is now available on FileConnect

• 19.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Sep 03, 2010 09:56 AM
    I had this issue on version 7.0.6.  Only local administrators could log in.  When I looked at the event log, I noticed that a specific file could not be copied from the Default user profile.  The file was: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Encryption Anywhere\RemovableStorageSettings.xml. 

My co-worker discovered that the file's permissions were all screwed up. I'm not sure what caused this, but that file was not inheriting permissions.  The *only* entry it had in its ACL was the local administrators group.  So, you can either add permissions to it or reset the file to start inheriting perms.  Once that was done, I could log in without issues with non-administrator accounts. 

I added a line in my installation wrapper to use "CACLS.EXE" to grant permissions on that file, so that it's all automatic now.  Hope this helps!

• 20.  RE: "User Profile Service failed the logon" problem when using SEE 7.0.3 Full Disk and Windows 7

Posted Sep 17, 2010 10:07 AM

We had the same issue on 7.0.5 and this fix did help the problem.