Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Home, Monitor and Reports shows just blank screen

Posted Oct 24, 2007 08:53 AM
    Hi I just installed Symantec Endpoint manager and i just have a blank screen in Home, Monitor and Reports. The Error code event manageren is  please help:

The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( PHP-5.2.1 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: php[9248]; PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Failed to create COM object `ADODB.Connection': Invalid syntax

' in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Common\ado.php:21

Stack trace:

#0 C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Common\ado.php(21): com->com('ADODB.Connectio...', NULL, 65001)

#1 C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection

• 2.  RE: Home, Monitor and Reports shows just blank screen

• 3.  RE: Home, Monitor and Reports shows just blank screen

Posted Oct 24, 2007 09:25 AM
    Thanks, but im not using the SQL server but the file db.
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.db

At first I hat this error: The configured user for the current application pool does not have enough privileges to run CGIs 
    The i followed microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904056 
     Cscript.exe Adsutil.vbs SET W3Svc/CreateProcessAsUser false
    The it just showed blank screens.

• 4.  RE: Home, Monitor and Reports shows just blank screen

• 5.  RE: Home, Monitor and Reports shows just blank screen

Posted Oct 25, 2007 04:04 PM

Hi and thanks. Now I have narrow it down to the DB.

I followed this http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007102210472748

But every time it fails the test.  Number 6

Any good advices

• 6.  RE: Home, Monitor and Reports shows just blank screen

Posted Nov 02, 2007 03:27 PM
    First of all, undo the changes recommended by the MS KB article by running "csript adsutil.vbs DELETE w3svc/createprocessasuser". MS's suggestion breaks COM application security.

Next, configure the DSN as follows:

Login tab: specify user and password as described in the Symantec KB article.

Database tab: specify your server name and put "sem5" as the database name.

Network tab: check TCP/IP and specify TCP/IP parameters: host=<yourservername>;UseUDP=no

Click OK, then open DSN configuration window again and click Test Connection. (This is something that's not obvious: Test Connection button doesn't use the new parameters until you save them by closing the configuration window.)

I'm sure this is not the way Symantec wanted to use this ODBC connection, but it works for me, so who cares.

Message Edited by ynguldyn on 11-02-2007 12:27 PM