Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

There are multiple problems

• 1.  There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 18, 2010 01:55 AM
    Hi,

Only on one of the clients updation is not taking place antivirus and antispyware protection is back dated and Proactive Threat Protection is as "Waiting for updates". Even after numerous restarts and waiting for two long days it is at the same state. I have even tried reinstalling SEP.

• 2.  RE: There are multiple problems

• 3.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 18, 2010 07:13 AM
    First you check in that client in Help and support---->troubleshooting whether it is showing correct server and group or not. 

• 4.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 18, 2010 11:58 PM
    Communication with the server is perfect that is the reason I could reinstall. From help and support at the client's end Server and group shown are correct. I can see the logon client on the manager console. Still the problem exists. 

• 5.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 19, 2010 12:48 AM
    Restarted the system in safe mode and got this message " Failed to start symantec Management client service. Error code returned: 0x8007043C".

One more message stating "It appears the Symantec Managment client service in not running". Tried to start the symantec from services but failed as I am getting error code message.

• 6.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 20, 2010 12:06 AM
    I have not received any response in this forum. Sad that I am unable to resolve this issue within two days.

• 7.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 21, 2010 01:08 AM
    Hi,

Is SEP having a solution for this issue ?

• 8.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 21, 2010 06:22 PM
    Hi hari - are you using SEP SBE 12.0 or SEP 11?

In SEP SBE 12.0, you can the client has a troubleshooting section where you test the communication with the manager.

Also have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the client?

• 9.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 22, 2010 12:49 AM
    Nimesh,

I have sucessfully done uninstalling/reinstalling. Problem still exists.

• 10.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 22, 2010 01:58 AM

Automatic live updates

The description for Event ID ( 101 ) in Source ( Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: error, Failed unregistering service..

Application error

Faulting application Rtvscan.exe, version 11.0.2000.1253, faulting module Rtvscan.exe, version 11.0.2000.1253, fault address 0x0004c05d.

Symantec Antivirus
    The description for Event ID ( 62 ) in Source ( Symantec AntiVirus ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:

Symantec Endpoint Protection communications layer failed to initialize.  Remote manageability has been disabled.  An error occurred while loading communications libraries.  Error code: 0x20000081.Application has encountered an error.

• 11.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 23, 2010 11:25 PM
     This is an error you used to see in older versions of SEP 11. I suggest you look into upgrading to the newest version which is RU5 (three versions newer than 11.0.2). I am also going to PM the moderator to bump this thread over to the forum for SEP 11. This forum you are currently in is for SEP 12 small business.

Cheers
    Grant

• 12.  RE: There are multiple problems

Posted Jan 24, 2010 10:24 PM
    Ok. I had the same problem, but I had the problem because I was trying to speed up my computer by disabling some of the services.  So, maybe this will work for some.  
    1.  Start
    2.  right-click on My Computer
    3.  Choose Manage
    4.  Expand Services and Applications
    5.  Click on Services
    6.  Check to see what's Disable in your Startup Type column

If you feel as though there is a Service that shouldn't be disabled then
    1.  Right-click on the service
    2.  Click on Properties
    3.  In your General tab, you want to choose Automatic in your Startup Type

I really hope this helps.