Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint encryption - keyboard not working properly on boot

Posted Aug 14, 2015 08:21 PM

Hi

I recently installed endpoint encryption on my new desktop.

This has worked flawlessly in the past, both on my laptop (win 8.1) and on my older desktop (win 7 home)

I encrypted the system drive and restarted. My password contains "special characters" like !"#¤¤%%& and upper- and lowercase letters.

When I try to type the password, it wont let me do any of these. None of the characters one get from shift + numbers only result in numbers. Shift + 1 results in "1".  It seems as the shift-button suddenly doesn't work.

Needless to say Im now very frustrated. I tried to change the keyboard from Norwegian to English and others but it's not helping.

Any help would really be apreciated!

Thanks in advance

Brukernavn

• 2.  RE: Endpoint encryption - keyboard not working properly on boot

Posted Aug 15, 2015 11:13 PM

Hi Brukernavn,

What is the version of Symantec Encryption you are using?

What is the make and model of the machine?

Also could you please confirm if the issue is with only a particular configuration and if the device has the latest driver installed?

• 3.  RE: Endpoint encryption - keyboard not working properly on boot

Posted Aug 16, 2015 10:33 AM

Running Win 8.1 x64

i7-4790 4 x 3,6 ghz

32Gb ram

SEE 10.3.2 build 15238

Tried changing psysical keyboards and  all the different language settings from the password screen.

All the latest drivers

I didn't have the patience to wait for a solution and formated the drive as I didnt have much important stuff on it yet anyways. 

Next tim I'll try encrypting with a simple password like "123" as a test before doing the real thing.

Thanks anyways for responding to me