Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

• 1.  Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 01:47 AM

Hi,

Is Microsoft SQL Server 10.50.2500.0 (SQL Server 2008 R2) is comaptible for SEPM 12.1?

I found one error in SEP support tool saying "Microsoft SQL Server version 2009.0100.2500.00 ((KJ_PCU_Main).110617-0038 ) is not an identified version".

Regards,

Sabyasachi

• 2.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2012 01:59 AM

The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager includes an embedded database, and this is the only choice in Small Business Edition. In the Enterprise version, you may use the embedded database or one of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server:

SQL Server 2000, SP4 or later
    SQL Server 2005, SP2 or later
    SQL Server 2008
    SQL Server 2008 R2
    check the system reqyirement

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163806

• 3.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 02:00 AM

Kindly check attached url.

this is latest Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Sizing and Scalability recommendations best practice

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH123242

• 4.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 02:19 AM

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your response.

I know it supports MS SQL Server 2008 R2. But my question is specific.

Can you please confirm whether the version I have mentioned will create any problem for SEPM 12.1 RU1 replication?

MS SQL 10.50.2500.0.

• 5.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2012 02:25 AM

if the SQL 2008 R2 is 10.50.2500.0., then there will not be any issue with replication.

If the DB is supported by the version of SEPM you should not be worried about the replication. As you might be knowing replication even happen between embedded database as well.

• 6.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2012 02:28 AM

just searched  10.50.2500.0 ---> SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 , hence it should not be any issue for SEPM compatibility

• 7.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Trusted Advisor
    Posted May 25, 2012 02:40 AM

Hello,

MS SQL 10.50.2500.0. is the Version for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 supports Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.

Hope that helps!!

• 8.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 02:41 AM

Hi Pete,

Thnaks for your confirmation that it will not be the cause of concern for replication.But would like to bring this  to your notice that while adding this SEPM as a replication partner for our Central SEPM, it failed after running for 3 days where 16.3 GB of Data is transferred from Central to newly created SEPM (18 GB of Data to be replicated).

I can see the amount of data transferred to the inbox folder of replication partner. The error message it shows "Unable to connect to the server specified".

I got 2 errors in SQL log as well as event log.

"SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure".[CLIENT: ].

"Login Failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication".

I have tried with both the authentication method, however each time it failed with the same error.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

Regards

• 9.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2012 02:46 AM

have you selected the content & packages to be replicated? if yes remove it.

for a test, uncheck all i.e. logs, content & packages and initiate replication.

pass on the scm-server-0.log, also suggest to open a support ticket.

• 10.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 03:12 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Pete,

I am adding it as a replication partner for the first time. There is no chance of disabling the content and log replications.

The scm-server-0.log is yet to be generated, however attched the scm-ui....log and scm-ui.....err for your reference.

Already opened a support case for the same, however the response is always slow from Symantec side. In this forum at least I can get some suggestion to troubleshoot so that I can analyse myself.

Attachment(s)

7z
    New folder.7z   625 B 1 version

• 11.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2012 03:18 AM

not much information from logs.

Thanks for letting know it is first time replication :-)

is the bandwidth the issue?

can you try offline replication?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95122

• 12.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 03:34 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Pete,

Really tough for us to arrange a server in the same DC(LAN) for offline replication. If you can have a look in to the attched logs.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

Attachment(s)

7z
    New folder_0.7z   5 KB 1 version

• 13.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2012 03:48 AM

from the logs

java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

can you check the article and let know if it helps?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH106224

• 14.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 05:05 AM

Hi Pete,

Unable to find the same in regestry but can do the changes SetEnv.bat for make this happen. This is to update you that the Central SEPM is having problerm while logging in through webconsole. For this we have modified the setEnv.bat to adjust the jave heap size but yet to resolve the same. So later we have restricted the webconsole access for remote admins as this causes the SEPM to hang.

Let me do the changes there and will get back to you.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

• 15.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 06:41 AM

Hi Pete.

Have made the changes in SetEnv.Bat. As SEPM service is not yet installed, there is no question of restarting the SEPM service.

No luck..

Regards,

Sabyasachi

• 16.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 07:10 AM

For further troubleshooting, I would suggest you to open a ticket with Symantec Support. Replication might be quite hard to troubleshoot via Forum.

• 17.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 25, 2012 08:38 AM

As I have said earlier that a case is already raised with Symantec but yet to get the response inspite of providing all my observation and analysis. This time I have tried with changing the Java Heap size and using SQL authentication, till now I am yet to get the error of "password verification failed or keystore is tampered" in Install.Err which I used to get from the beginning.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

• 18.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted May 28, 2012 02:36 AM

Hi All,

This is to update you the replication stopped again after transferring of 6 gb data. This configuration wizard stopped without throwing any error either in Install.err or anywhere else.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

• 19.  RE: Compatible Version of SQL for SEPM 12.1 RU1

Posted Jul 01, 2012 11:14 AM

Hi All,

Till now no progress has been made on this case which was raised with Symantec.anybody please help me regarding this as I am unable to proceed with the replication fialure.

Regards,

Sabyasachi