Symantec Management Platform (SMP) Community

View Only
  • 1.  portal page dynamically navigate.

Posted Sep 08, 2010 01:40 PM
    The solution that I am building talks to a external web page(s) from the same site that require authentication. These pages are all within a single portal as webparts all showing the same login page the first time. Is there a way to enable the portlet to redirect to another portlet if authentication has been passed. 

First attempt show logon portlet which contains single login webpart. i.e. web account 
    subsequent visits show portlet page that contains multiple webparts.  i.e. mail, calendar, ...

Too go along with this the Web url is dependent on some item configuration, can the url string be  built up in the class?

• 2.  RE: portal page dynamically navigate.
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2010 02:29 PM
    You could try having a custom ASPX that you link to from your menu item or tree node.  This custom ASPX detects if the user is authenticated.  If the user is not authenticated, the pane is redirected to the login page.  If the user is authenticated, redirect the user to your portal page displaying all your webparts.  You may then want to add some javascript in one of the webparts to keep the session alive as long as the portal page is being displayed.  To do that you may need another ASPX page that contains your page in an iframe which is then loaded in a webpart.