Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Dec 21, 2009 11:50 AM

I am in desperate need of help.  Any advice would be helpful.  We are experiencing sporadic runtime errors on our XP boxes.  We run Symantec Endpoint  11.0 RU 5 as our Antivirus and McAfee for HBSS/HIPS.  The pop-up is
    Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

We can remove Symantec Endpoint and reinstall SAV 10.1.8 and the error does not return.

We have several VISTA boxes and these machines are not experiencing any errors with Symantec Endpoint 11.0 RU 5 and McAfee HBSS/HIPS.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Dec 21, 2009 04:14 PM
    SAV is very different than SEP and is just AV, that may be why there are no issues when running 10.1.8.. I can only guess that running SEP 11 and McAfee HIPS together are causing conflicts, and fighting for control of the system. 

Since the error is with McAfee, I suggest you search their forums for support as well.

http://community.mcafee.com/community/business

Thomas

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Dec 21, 2009 04:19 PM
    I swear I saw something similar to this on these forums...  Have you tried searching here for "HIPS?" or similar?

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Dec 22, 2009 03:28 AM
    Hi,

I would suggest you to install SEP client with AV/AS and PTP first. See if the issue occurs. If it does not, then you can install the SEP client with all the components. If the issue occurs after that, it may indicate that issue is with the NTP component of SEP.

You can enable debug logging on the SEP client and post the logs as an attachment to your initial post.

Aniket

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Dec 22, 2009 10:34 AM
    we only install the anti virus software of SEP.  we have been running  for 3 months with SEP anti virus and McAfee HBSS/HIPS with no problems.  I updated the SEP client to 11.0.5002.333 over the past month.  Some of the XP clients that are experiencing the RUNTIME ERROR have SEP 11.0.4 and some have 11.0.5.  

we can ping the machine. 
    we can not manage or c$ the machines. we get the error "not enough server storage is available to process this command" when we c$ and we get cannot be managed. (NULL) when trying to manage.  The machine gets rebooted and it all goes back to normal until the next runtime error.

We have about 4000 machines and no problem with vista only XP. (NOT all xp boxes)

as of now the techs are removing all of SEP on the xp boxes and installing SAV 10.1.8 for a temp solution.

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Dec 22, 2009 04:37 PM
    after back and forth with McAfee ...HBSS said that Tamper Protection can not be enabled on Symantec Endpoint Protection with McAfee HBSS/HIPS.
    I turned off tamper protection and I am testing it now....

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Antivirus and McAfee Runtime Error:Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

Posted Jan 08, 2010 04:40 PM
    UPDATE:

Runtime error has returned. 
    Tamper Protection is turned off
    HIPS is not on all machines getting RUNTIME Error.