Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Posted Sep 08, 2010 09:38 AM
    Hello,

I went into the "clients" then  went to one of the Folders clicked on "Install Packages" and added a package.  If i add a Package at the top level of a folder stucture will it pass down to all the folders or do i  have to create a seperate setting for each sub-folder?

Example:

My Company
         Main Building
               1st Floor
                     Dept A
                     Dept B
               2nd Floor
                     Dep C
               3rd Floor
       Second Building

If i setup a install package on "Main Building" will the others (1st Floor, Dept A, Dept B...) also get the update or do i need to set one up for each Sub-Folder?

Thank you

Daniel Schmidt

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2010 09:49 AM
    hi,
    as far i understand this needs to be for each group , even if you have inherited checked, only policy will inherit not the client package.

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Posted Sep 08, 2010 09:52 AM
    You have to add  installation package to each folder.If you add package to top folder(Group) it will  be applied only to that folder(group) clients.It will not be applied for subgroups......

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Posted Sep 08, 2010 09:56 AM

Installation Package will have to be added to each group separately. Inheritance will not pass the package settings to the Sub Groups.

• 5.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:06 AM
    Ok, thank you that is what i was afraid of.  Our Active Directory is very detailed and split up also we have 12 locations.

a couple more questions

1. If i leave the "upgrade Schedule" unchecked does that mean it installs immediately or not at all?
    2. The "Distribute upgrades over"  Does 0 days mean immediate or mean today? if I change it to 1 does it mean today or by tomorrow?

thank you,

Daniel Schmidt

• 6.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:11 AM
    1. If i leave the "upgrade Schedule" unchecked does that mean it installs immediately or not at all?

it wil be updated based on when your clients communicate with the manager;
    once clients communicate with the manager; manager will pushout the packages.

2.The "Distribute upgrades over"  Does 0 days mean immediate or mean today? if I change it to 1 does it mean today or by tomorrow?

same as above.Today wrt to when your clients communicate

• 7.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:18 AM

If there is no schedule it may start Immediately, it also depends on the client communication wiht the SEPM.

2. The "Distribute upgrades over"  Does 0 days mean immediate or mean today? if I change it to 1 does it mean today or by tomorrow?

Specifies the number of days or hours over which the packages can be distributed. The following formula calculates time:

(Package Size\Server Transfer Rate) * Number of Computers

as

MB / MB per second * Num = seconds

• 8.  RE: SEP 11.061 Install Package Upgrade Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:19 AM

Upgrade Schedule lets you control the time of the client computer upgrade.

- From, To:
    • Specifies a range of time over which to install packages. If the From and To times match, the upgrades start immediately.

- Distribute upgrades over:

• Specifies the number of days or hours over which the packages can be distributed.
    • The following formula calculates time:

• (Package Size\Server Transfer Rate) * Number of Computers

as

MB / MB per second * Num = seconds