Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SescLU Error 13

Posted Apr 14, 2011 11:14 AM
      |   view attached

Dear Community,

A few weeks ago, i started getting the famous SescLU Error 13 in my Eventlog  on the SEPM Server. Since then, i have read numerous articles about how to fix this issues. However, i haven’t found any working solution yet.
    I only get this error on the machine that hosts the Endpoint Protection Manager. All the other machines are doing just fine and update their virus definitions from the server. I’ve already reinstalled the client and LiveUpdate, manually deleted the virus definition files from the Management-Server and the Client and deactivated the Decomposer-Engine Updates in my LiveUpdate-Content Policy.

I don’t get any errors if i start LiveUpdate manually from inside the Management-Console.

Here’s my environment:
    SEPM Server: Windows Server 2003 SP2, 32Bit with SEPM 11.0.5002.333 and the most recent release of LiveUpdate 3.3

I’ve attached a copy of the Log.LiveUpdate file when the errormessage last appeared.
    Any help would be highly appreciated.

Greetings from Switzerland
    Simeon

Attachment(s)

txt
    LiveUpdate_logfile.txt   222 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: SescLU Error 13

Posted Apr 14, 2011 11:29 AM

Have you read this KB?

Event ID 13: "SescLU - LiveUpdate returned a non-critical error. Available content may have failed to install."

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH91615&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1302794884899

• 3.  RE: SescLU Error 13
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 14, 2011 12:30 PM

Hello Simon,

As stated in the Article provided above by Thomas, the Possible causes of this issue is due to Corrupt definitions.

However, as stated by you this happens only on the SEPM server machine.

I personally would request you to :

1) Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection Client along with Liveupdate from the machine.

2) Delete all the Leftover files of Liveupdate like:

On Windows 2000, XP and 2003:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate
    • C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate

On Windows Vista, 7 and 2008:
    • C:\ProgramData\Symantec\LiveUpdate\
    • C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate

3) Install the Latest version of Endpoint Protection Client (11.0.6300)

Follow the Article to Migrate to the Latest version :

Migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6300 (RU6 MP3)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH155655

I am sure that would work for you.

• 4.  RE: SescLU Error 13

Posted Apr 20, 2011 08:50 AM

Hello everybody

A litte update on the issue. I upgraded to the latest version of Endpoint Protection (Client and Manager) over the weekend as suggested by Mithun Sanghavi. After the upgrade, i got the error-message one last time. Since then my eventlog looks fine. I'm still not sure what was causing LiveUpdate to fail but as long as it works i don't care :-)

Thank you for your help

-Simeon