Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  SIte Server Package Store

Posted Jul 29, 2010 01:39 PM
    I am setting up my site server and wanted to know if there was way to specify during installation or a setting that will allow where the package store on the site server will be. My site server have two drives one system and one storage. I want the package store on the storage drive.

• 2.  RE: SIte Server Package Store

Posted Jul 29, 2010 03:42 PM
    You can do this by changing the default directory of the Altiris Agent on Package Servers.  By default, you're going to find packages in <Drive Letter>:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery.  You probably are using C:\, but for package servers you may want to use D:\ or a similar drive letter.

You can change this by going to Settings > All Settings, then expanding Settings > Agents/Plug-ins > Altiris Agent > Windows, then selecting Altiris Agent Package
    In the right pane, select the Package Servers tab and check the box for 'Package Destination Location on Package Servers', then define a custom path, e.g. D:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery.

Does this resolve the issue?

• 3.  RE: SIte Server Package Store

Posted Dec 21, 2010 09:24 PM

Is the above step applied to NS7 or NS6?

• 4.  RE: SIte Server Package Store

Posted Dec 22, 2010 07:52 AM

But a similar approach is used for NS6 - it's just found differently in the console.  If you know where the agent installation is in NS6, it's right next to that there too.  We simply modified the menus a bit in NS7